Cal Poly Pomona Official Thread Class of 2027

Thank you for the review! We are also from the east bay and S23 is visiting next week. He is deciding between CPP and one other school. Did it feel like a residential campus? He’s worried about it having a commuter school vibe.

1 Like

We are also from east bay…visiting next week! Got a tour on Tuesday

1 Like

When do Financial Aid Packages release?

1 Like

It was the Friday before break so it was quite but it felt like it had a nice vibe.

2 Likes

We have a good family friend who goes there and loves it (Landscape Architecture). In fact, the 3 local kids I know of love it. They do say it is a commuter school so does empty out a bit at night but there are still plenty of kids living on campus. We visited over the summer so it was very quiet but are going back next Wed/Thurs for a second look. My son is trying to decide between there (Civil E with Environmental focus) and UCSC (Robotics E.). Two very different programs and two very different campuses.

3 Likes

Let us know what you think. Will your kiddo be on campus for housing if going?

Yes, we live in the Bay Area so he would need to live on campus at least that first year. I learned that you can also request a Housing Tour so we will be trying to do that next week as well. I’ve heard the new dorm buildings are really nice.

1 Like

Oh cool I didn’t know that. Yes I have seen video tours they are very nice. Hopefully most of frosh are in those. We are from Oakland.

1 Like

It was kind of hidden …

https://www.cpp.edu/housing/futureresidents/housingtourrequest.shtml

We heading there from the bay area next Wednesday for a campus tour and also requested a housing tour after. My S23 is down to two schools so hopefully he likes it.

2 Likes

Anyone get a financial award yet

Yes, they just posted the financial aid award today. Only got cal grant and loan. We are going to reject the offer for SLO.

2 Likes

Thank You I will check

Does anyone have info regarding CPP choice?

https://www.cpp.edu/admissions/cpp-choice.shtml

We got our final no from SLO today. I just want to cheer that CPP loved us back and for my upcoming Physics FROSH I am grateful for where we landed.

6 Likes

Anyone OOS waiting for notice of WUE award? I was hoping to get that email “by April” but nothing so far.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for waitlist ?

Here is the 2022 data and it varies from year to year.

Number waitlisted: 10,742
Number accepting waitlist: 4,468 Number admitted: 381

So 9% for 2022.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten anything for the California promise program?