Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I just want to know already cc is unhealthy for me rn omg

9 Likes

UCSB announced yesterday that the UCB announcement would NOT impact their admissionsā€™ decisions. No from UCD or SLO thoughā€¦

4 Likes

I just checked my sonā€™s portal to Pomona and he got accepted but we never got an email to check his portal. How did you know about it?

2 Likes

For all of the schools that both of my children applied to, the portal updated before any email was received. Sometimes the portal and the email were very close in notification. With other schools, there was a considerable lag between the portal and email.

The Cal Poly SLO portals were updated well before the email was sent for both of my children.

Thatā€™s why so many people are obsessively checking the portal or bugging their kids to do so.

5 Likes

Yes, absolutely! My daughter is very involved with the drama club and she is always trying to get students connected with the drama program. She loves the theatre department and has been given many leadership opportunities throughout the department.

1 Like

What do you mean by ā€œNo from UCD or SLO thoughā€¦ā€?

3 Likes

@Greg_MacDonald was wondering same?!?

I think he meant no ā€œwordā€ from UCD or SLO on whether the UCB thing would impact admissions. Thatā€™s what I assumed.

2 Likes

I also just want to know already, but CC is the only thing keeping me sane. Itā€™s good to know we are all going batty together. I love having someone to ā€œtalkā€ to about all thisā€¦ and not my student or family. Just strangers on the internet who TOTALLY get me. LOL

25 Likes

Itā€™s brutal. This is my second time through and it hasnā€™t been easier. Glad we didnā€™t have a 3rd! :joy:

5 Likes

OMG same!!! I am so grateful for CC! There are no words to express the patience I need to get through this. My D22 is my 1st, and I have two more kids after her. I donā€™t know what I wouldā€™ve done if I didnā€™t find this website. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ditto over hereā€¦couldnā€™t do a 3rd time around either! Our first go round didnā€™t turn out so well so we are on pins and needles hoping for a better outcome this time. We are still waiting for 12 out of 13 decisions!

4 Likes

I tried to stay away. No luck lol.

So today?! 2:22 passed. 3:33? :joy: m

We are also hoping to hear from University of Washington today too.

9 Likes

Sorry for the omission - no ā€œwordā€ from those two campuses on potential impact of the UCB announcement.

Do you have any information as far as when University of Washingtonā€™s decisions are coming out? We are waiting for that one as well

3 Likes
2 Likes

No. Just by 3/15. Since today is a Friday, Iā€™m hoping. Our 4 other decisions came our end of day Friday. Soā€¦ hereā€™s hoping.

2 Likes

My friend is touring cal poly slo right now and when she asked, she was told that itā€™s still going to be a while until decisions are released:(

4 Likes

This is my 3rd time through! I will say the stress level has gone down with each kid. A big part of it is that I have gotten better perspective about how this really doesnā€™t matter nearly as much as kids (and many parents) think ā€¦ my first 2 kids were both ā€œdisappointedā€ with the outcome on a relative basis (i.e., compared to their expectations / stats), so I am now much more tempered and my youngest saw what happened with her older siblings and has more modest expectations. That said, I look forward to this being done!!!

7 Likes

@ninaserafin keep in mind tours are usually student lead, not done by Admissions representatives!

7 Likes