Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

ACCEPTED!
SLO GPA 4.13
Number of A-G classes: 21 (Says 21 years)
Number of UC-approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 6 AP Classes,
EC hours and with leadership or job-related: 20+ EC Hours with leadership, 10-15 hours of work
Major: Industrial Technology and Packaging
In-State Non-Local

2 Likes

Thanks for the posting, checked portal
Accepted for Mechanical Engineering
SLO GPA: 4.33 (from Cal State App site)
Number of A-G classes: 27.5 years?
School has no AP but does have some honors
In-State (San Francisco)
Happier after waitlisted at UCD

2 Likes

Anyone at all with biology getting in? Or are bio majors coming out a different day?

SLO sends out admits first, followed by waitlist around a week later followed by denials a week later. They can also post admits over a 2 day period. Not everyone posts their admission results on CC so you might want to check other social media sites.

2 Likes

S accepted :partying_face:
In state, SLO GPA 4.2
Major: MATE
Good luck everyone :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

wrong thread, I think since you mentioned Davis

My daughter just told me that she got the email stating her application was in but never got the email telling her how to register for the portal. I am guessing she needs to ask Admissions for that. Anyone know for sure?

Has anyone gotten in for architecture yet?

1 Like

Daughter accepted to Mechanical Engineering

We are OOS so I’m not sure now the California specific gpa info works.
Texas GPA: unweighted 4.0. Weighted 110
SATs 1550
Lots of EC including competitive dance team, PALS, President and captain of robotics team, student council, and others.
Over a dozen APs and 5s on all tests.
Out of state (TX)

2 Likes

Edited my response for SLO. Sorry since I am following both SLO and UCD decisions today.

1 Like

S23 Accepted to Architecture
OOS, east coast
GPA 3.9 UW, 4.6 W, 9 APs
Cal Poly GPA: unsure
He’s so happy!

1 Like

Since architecture and art had portfolios due last week, we were told to not expect any admission decisions until later March. Oops, I stand corrected, I see someone on the thread who got in for Architecture.

1 Like

D23 Accepted (and very happy!)
SLO GPA (9-11th a-g courses with an 8 semester Honors point cap for 10-11th eligible classes): 4.33
Number of A-G classes: 28
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 12
EC hours and with leadership or job related: A lot!
Major: Biology
In-State/OOS/International: In-state

1 Like

Nothing for my daughter… she just found out she got into Davis and now silence on Cal Poly…

3 Likes

Did you get accepted?

1 Like

Portfolios aren’t required for architecture

2 Likes

From SLO helpline: Admissions decisions are not released by major or college. You may hear today, or it may take longer. There is no way to know.

2 Likes

Just want to make sure I understand - so if my child doesn’t check the portal, she won’t know whether she was accepted as of today since emails don’t come until another day? Or does the email come same day and says to check the portal. My daughter doesn’t know about the waves of acceptances, waitlist, denials so I don’t want to ask her to check. It might be that ignorance is bliss for her. But painful for me!

I thought CP doesn’t accept portfolios for architecture? Just curious, since my daughter will apply in the fall and it’s her top scenario. In any case, good luck to your applicant!

1 Like

Same for my daughter