**Cal Poly SLO STATS ONLY Freshman Class of 2025**

Please post the following information

Admission Decision:
Intended major:
SLO GPA: (9-11th grades for the a-g courses with an 8 semester Honors point Cap)
In-state/OOS/International:
Local/Non-local:
HS course rigor:
EC’s and major related job:
Best of luck to all and please see the information regarding the Cal Poly SLO student Facebook page below:
Hi! It’s Traci from the Cal Poly Parents FB page. If possible, I’d love to make students aware of the student facebook page for the incoming Cal Poly SLO class of 2025. There are a few lookalikes run by marketing companies that collect personal data, so it would be great to try to get ahead of those and make the one run by CP students a bit more prominent earlier this year. The student page accepts students who have applied to CP, as well as those who have been admitted, and it’s a great place for them to find roommates. If you have an opportunity to share the info, here’s a link: [Facebook Groups ](Facebook Groups

D accepted to CS, OOS IL,
34 SAT
3.96 weighted/ 4.85 uw Gpa
Tennis varsity team captain
Decent ECs including CS related

4 Likes

Congrats! What is her SLO GPA? (FYI, they did not consider test scores.)

Accepted OOS
Civil Engineering
4.07 GPA (I think but SLO is confusing)
Many Honors courses (including Honors Calc 2 and Honors Physics)
Decent ECs
Major related jobs

2 Likes

Cal Poly has released decisions?!

Her SLO GPA is 4.21.

1 Like

Some out of state are rolling out in the portals.

1 Like

Hm, I thought I saw a few kids say they were in-state. Seems awfully early for Cal Poly. My son checked his portal and there was nothing.

1 Like

One in state person got in. See other thread.

Just one in state that I have seen.

1 Like

Ok, that gives me some hope. It’s my kid (in state)'s top choice so when I saw the decisions coming in I had a moment of panic, but from what I’ve read they do come in some sort of wave…

1 Like

Seems like an anomaly. Everyone else admitted so far here, Reddit, and Facebook are all OOS.

1 Like

Admission Decision: Accepted
Intended major: Business Administration
SLO GPA: I believe 4.25? Not 100% sure
In-state/OOS/International: OOS (CO)
Local/Non-local: Non-local
HS course rigor: All honors courses first 2 years, full IB diploma junior + senior year
EC’s and major related job: HEAVY EC, lots of service and community engagement. NO jobs/internships. Heavily competitive in speech and debate/ robotics/ leadership positions. Business/ marketing focus on Robotics team/related to major (don’t think SLO considered type of clubs for admission though)

2 Likes

D accepted Environmental engineering OOS-Oregon
4.2 cal poly gpa (max capped)
7 AP courses, work in field
Many ECs some with leadership

2 Likes

Admission Decision: accepted
Intended major: psychology
SLO GPA: (9-11th grades for the a-g courses with an 8 semester Honors point Cap): 3.62 uw -4.0( I think, I’m not sure since I’m an intl applicant with intl credentials and it’s graded different and depends on how they calculated my marks)
In-state/OOS/International: Intl applicant but in state reaident
Local/Non-local: non local
HS course rigor: standardized- no option for honors and such
EC’s and major related job: multiple psychology panels and internships, yearbook, event organization, 2 writing courses at northwestern

3 Likes

@Seabass927 @ChiSea @jntwinmama

I started this Thread for Stats only so applicants waiting to hear can search for specific information regarding the admitted students. Any discussion should be posted on the 2025 applicant thread not here. I do not have access to delete or move your posts, so please respect these guidelines. Anxious students will appreciate it.

2 Likes

Admission Decision: Accepted
Intended major: Computer Engineering
SLO GPA: 4.2
In-state/OOS/International: OOS Washington State
Local/Non-local:
HS course rigor: 8 AP, 3 Honors
EC’s and major related job: Athlete ranked in National events, band leadership, science & academic clubs, work experience non-major related
Male

3 Likes

Admission Decision:Accepted
Intended major:Political Science
SLO GPA: 4.11
In-state/OOS/International: OOS Illinois
Local/Non-local: Not local
HS course rigor: all core courses honors or AP, except physics.
EC’s and major related job: very good ECs, non-major related work exp.

2 Likes

Admission Decision: DD Accepted
Intended major: Environmental Engineering
SLO GPA: (9-11th grades for the a-g courses with an 8 semester Honors point Cap) 4.2 Cap?
In-state/OOS/International: OOS (OH)
Local/Non-local: Non
HS course rigor: 5 APs, 5 DE
EC’s and major related job: Heavy EC, XC/Track State Qualifier, NHS Pres, Organized Charity 5k, Humane Society Volunteer, 4H. No Major related job but did Mentor Program with National Mfg company

3 Likes