Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

By 4 PM this Friday, if there is still no admissions rolling out then we can call them again to ask if they have started to look at transfer applications. If they say no then the first wave will probably be later next week (given that they don’t lie to us).

Thinking this Thursday since Freshman admissions were released last week on Thurs.:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Good Morning everybody heres to hoping today is the day!

10 Likes

She’s not heard back from them yet. TBH, it’s . Obviously it’s a good overall school but the others that she applied to (UCD, UCSB, UCSC and CalPoly) seem to have Env Sci i their wheelhouse.

Congrats to your son!

1 Like

I feel like I’m in the movie groundhog day lmao

5 Likes

so uhhh who’s going to call them again. jk…unless

1 Like

Transfer acceptances were released in 1 wave over the course of 90 mins to 2 hours last year & the year before. But that could be just when people checked their portal & reported on here.
Everybody else was left with “no determination has been made.”

The next wave was the Waitlisted. I forget when that came out.
Cal Poly has until July 15th to remove you from the Waitlist & accept you since that’s the cut-off date for everyone who was accepted to submit their official transcripts.
Some peoples’ transcripts won’t match their application so their acceptances will be rescinded & someone from the Waitlist will be offered that spot.
Also, some people who got accepted will decline the offer because they decided to go to a different college. Those spots will be given to the Waitlisted people. Everyone accepted to Cal Poly has until May 1st to accept or decline Cal Poly’s offer.

Finally, the denial wave is released - sorta. Many people were not told they were denied until the summer. Their portal remained at “no determination has been made” for the entire time.

1 Like

WOW thats gruesome for people left with no decision until the summer id lose my mind

thinking i might call saying something like “Hey what time did we say we were going to release decisions i forgot?”

1 Like

lool i think they might get a little annoyed but go for it if u want

I told u tomorrow :joy: Thursday release again. 3:15pm. :sunglasses:

1 Like

the more annoyed they are, the more they will hurry and drop them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

either way im fine with it #lessthan24hoursleft

2 Likes

In the CSU website,in aplication instructions it says that the planned courses (like for spring) it is optional to report it during the update period on January, so I assume if classes are taken during Spring anyways and not reported as planned during the update period those are not a problem, but the ones taken prior and not reported are the ones causing issue , which creates discrepancy with transcript/s match…I think ?

1 Like

I just hope it’s this week! I’m getting a little restless waiting if I’m being honest.

6 Likes

I know that Cal Poly’s spring break is next week so I’m not sure if they’d release anything then unless admissions still works during spring break. So I’m assuming that we will be accepted tomorrow and then waitlists for freshman and transfers will be sent out the last week of March.

1 Like

Good point. Thanks for confirming tomorrow is the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last year time did the decisions start rolling out at?

This process is making me super nervous.

2 Likes

There should be a countdown in the portal. That would be fun!

1 Like