Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2023

Rejected as well. Bummer cause I made it in 2 years ago for freshman year.

Son is rejected. Computer Science. GPA 4.0. Pre-reqs: Completed by Spring 2023.

Cal Polys decisions are so random. It seems like a lot of qualified 4.0 students got rejected and I, with about a 3.3-3.4ish gpa (I havenā€™t checked in a bit haha) got waitlisted. Obviously I didnā€™t get in but I didnā€™t get rejected either. I feel like it just depends on who goes through your application idk.

1 Like

Also very dependent upon major.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, I guess a lot of them are impacted different.

1 Like

4.0 and not admitted is alarming to meā€¦ my son has the same GPA, he told me a few minute ago he hasnā€™t seen anything on the portal yet. From the list of rejections today, Iā€™m asking him to be mentally prepared :frowning:

2 Likes

Waitlisted

Rejected. 3.4 overall and 3.8 for major requirements. Im 31 though and have 100+ units lol. ahhh i wish I was better prepared when I was a young 18-year-old. those first years at CC really killed my GPA. Anyways not too bummed Good luck and congrats to everyone.

3 Likes

I was rejected with a 3.94 and 119 units at 21, I wouldnā€™t live with much regret. Itā€™s always luck at the end of the day.

1 Like

Son waitlisted for CS. Straight-A 4.0 studentā€¦ this is tougher than we thought.

I was just wondering if anyone else has nothing happening with their with transcripts? Not new to sending transcripts and Iā€™ve never had issues in the past but they still say ā€˜initiatedā€™ even for the ones sent in January (from two different schools).

I would anticipate a rejection unfortunately. The waitlist is not used all that often, particularly for transfers. I hear of 1-2 waitlist acceptances per year. CS is one of, if not THE most impacted major at the University. I know the news really sucks to hear. Wishing the best for your son in his academic ventures, and I hope Iā€™m wrong about the waitlist. Cheers.

I know, nowadays there are all kinds of non-academic criteria for Californiaā€™s college admission. We found that out 2 years ago. Fortunately, he had been admitted to Santa Cruz and Riverside so far, still waiting to hear from other UC. One thing I heard is that if an immediate family member had college degree (especially post-graduate), it would be one thing Admissions use to EXCLUDE the applicant! If this is true, it is very unfair to the kids who work so hard.

1 Like

For those accepted ā€”

If you know youā€™re committing to Cal Poly, then you donā€™t need to go to Open House on April 13 thru April 16.

Itā€™s really for those on the fence between colleges.
Youā€™ll learn things about Cal Poly, but you wonā€™t miss out on anythingā€¦ if that makes sense.

1 Like

Are you going to make a transfer for fall 2024?

I can or you are welcome to make a discussion thread.

You should :pray:

Done and I will be closing this discussion thread.