Can I double major across schools? Can major and minor across different schools?

Say I want to major in Econ, but also want some kind of business background. Can I major in Both Economics and Finance, or major in Econ and minor in Finance? This is of course assuming Mays isn’t full, which it probably will be.

You can probably minor in Business. Minors are usually declared after freshman year not when you enroll.

Here is how to minor in Business.

http://mays.tamu.edu/business-minors/

Your first major has control over whether you may/may not add another major and/or minor. Business double majors are generally not approved (if first major is NOT business), minors are the way to get an ‘official’ business background. Mays courses are divided - there are courses for those majoring in business and different ones for those who are not. You can sign up for those courses without being in Mays. My suggestion is to try out a few courses before jumping - once you declare a minor, you MUST finish it. Another option is to take additional courses and list them on a resume (that is common these days). There isn’t a finance minor, just a general business minor.

You can apply to the STEM to Stocks, 5 year BS/MS in Finance Program.

I believe they expect a 3.5 GPA and 60+ on the GRE Math. They also expect applicants to have had some Computer Programming, Calculus, Statistics, Accounting, Microeconomics Theory and Finance courses.

Notice that the guy who runs the STEM to stocks program at Mays has engineering and MBA degrees from U Penn., as well as experience working at top investment banks and financial consulting companies.