Can I get a commission with the airforce to pay for school?

<p>I recently got into Virginia Tech honors college, but I'm dirt poor. Is there a way I can sign up for the ROTC or something, and pledge like 4 or so years after college to the airforce, or army, or navy or something, and then they'll pay for schooling?</p>

<p>I've heard of people doing this before but I don't know the exact details..</p>

<p>That sounds like the Corp of Cadets. I know if you can get into after the fact, but you could certainly ask.</p>

<p>Short answer...yes. They gave me money. But just realize that you wont only be a member of ROTC. At VT you'd also have to be a member of the Corps.</p>

<p>U.S</a>. Air Force ROTC - Scholarships</p>

<p>You can also look into the Virginia Army National Guard. They have programs where you drill one weekend a month and they'll pick up a chunk of your school costs plus pay you as well. The downside is if the unit deploys while you're still in school - you go with it and return to schooling after the deployment is over (a year later). But if you need money real bad and don't want to borrow, contact the Guard.</p>