Can I get into University of Alabama?

I currently have about 100 credit hours, a 2.55 overall GPA and a 2.8 at my current university. The last year I have a 3.00 flat.I will be moving to Alabama with my fiance permanently. My GPA isn’t great but I am a STEM major which maybe helps offset it being low a little bit. I’m transferring into the business school. Thank you!

Note : I am aware it says 2.00 to transfer in but I don’t know how serious I take that, But I do have about a .55 cushion and hopefully they see the pure science and programming courses that have bogged down my GPA. In the Psych, sociology, general english courses I’ve gotten Bs and As.

If you meet the minimum standard, go for it. Apply.

Yep, sending in my application today, I marked permanent resident because I’m moving there for my fiances line of work and I plan on staying there and working in the aerospace industry. That should help my chances. I just worry my GPA is too low, I blame Physics , Stats and Calculus :frowning:

EDIT: Do they look at difficulty of courses? I’m an Information Systems major and Computer Science minor, 3 stats courses, 2 accountings, 2 calculus courses, discrete math , physics, 2 lab based geology courses, and a finance course.

My friend got into OhioSU with a 2.9 in Computer Engineering so I’m assuming they do?

You’ll be OOS. How will you pay for it?

You have to live in AL a year to be in-state. Look on the college web site for details on in-state specifics.

Moving into the state doesn’t make you in-state for tuition purposes.

I just meant on my application , are you currently living in alabama is a Q and I marked yes. I have a permanent address. My mother recently passed and I have her pension of 36 years of being a teacher and college prof that she never took a dime from so I can pay whether the tuition is OOS or in state. I have never needed financial aid if that helps.

So sorry to hear that your mom passed.

If your fiancée is an AL resident and you get married, then you get residency.

THank you, I’m not too worried about residency right now, think my GPA is good enough to get in as a STEM major?

As a transfer…fine

I assume he is moving to Tuscaloosa. Otherwise, you might be a better fit for Huntsville.

@jym626 makes a good point. What city will your fiancée’s job be?

North of Pine Hill. about 60 minutes from campus. Huntsville is too far and so is Birm. UA Tusc has a great selection of online courses too for the major I’m applying to so that’s one less time I’ll be driving to class per week.

I got accepted, so the recruiter told me they just see if you have above a 2.25 and sometimes 2.5 and quality of courses are only taken into account if you’re on the edge of acceptance GPA wise. Hope this helps anyone else. Roll Tide.