Chances of Admission

Hi,
I’m currently a student(sophomore) at another four year university in Alabama. I am interested in potentially transferring to UA for fall 2019. But I had a couple of questions before I even consider it.

1.) My freshmen year was academically was very bad. I had a couple classes get away from me and ended my year with a 2.44 gpa. No one to blame, but myself. I definitely learned my lesson. I have put a lot more effort into my studies this semester and my gpa is pace to rise to around a 2.71(42 credit hours). Obviously still not great, so I don’t have a lot of confidence in applying. I was just wondering what my chances are of getting accepted? I know for transfer students you have to have at least a 2.0. I’ve already paid the application fee, just have waited to send in my transcript. So. I feel like I feel like I should go ahead and finish the process since I paid $40.

2.) Does anyone know what gpa you have to have to get accepted into the college of education? It’s a 2.75 where I’m at now, so I was curious what it would be at UA.

3.) Does being an in-state student help my chances any?

BTW…the word is “paid,” not “payed.”

You are instate so you probably will be admitted. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply and thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, there is not an edit button.

That’s ok. I fixed It for you.