Can my son get rescinded from UCLA?

Hi everyone!

Recently, my son got admitted to UCLA. However, he made a few errors in his coursework history. For example, during the 11th-grade summer section, he accidentally mentioned the same course (so it looks like he took it twice the subsequent summer) when it was supposed to be something else - so the course he actually took during that summer was not seen by the admissions. Additionally, the course listed as a recommendation to take the course that was not listed. I would also like to mention that he got an A in both classes, so the academic and calculated UC GPA would be the same regardless of whether he correctly inputted his courses. My son already e-mailed them explaining the circumstance. Is he at risk of getting rescinded? Thank you very much!

I doubt it. After all, they also had the transcripts, didn’t they?

so you said you repeated a class that you go an A in - and instead took an additional.

Yeah - hmmmm - no, of course you’re not going to get rescinded.

If you said you took a class that you never did, that’s different - but you took a class you didn’t tell them about. and got an A.

Your son is fine…

As long as he has notified UCLA about the mistake and they have confirmed they received the email, he will fine.

@parentologist: UC’s admit based on self-reported grades/courses. Final transcripts are due in July but need to match the self-reported information.

1 Like