Can one visit without renting a car?

<p>Is it possible to fly into Rochester and take a cab to the campus and back? Or a bus? How close is Main Street to the school? Walking distance? Thanks.</p>

<p>Main Street is in walking distance, and Geneseo offers a free bus to the airport, as well as the local mall (Eastview… is sooo nice), Rochester (the local city), and the local supermarket, along with other places.</p>

<p>You could prolly take a cab to geneseo, but it isn’t very close to the airport.</p>

<p>Sorry, I forgot to mention the bus is only for students.</p>

<p>Thanks. I meant for a parent and high school student to go on a school tour. Is a cab the only option?</p>

<p>You can call the admissions office and inquire further I bet.</p>

<p>There is no question that Geneseo is difficult to reach by public transportation. I would steer away from the cab idea, if only because of expense. Greyhound does go to Main Street from downtown Rochester. My son is a junior (and loves it!) and said that a non- student can take the Geneseo bus and just pay the fare. Calling admissions may get you more help.</p>

<p>If you are from the city or LI and your child decides on this wonderful school, there are buses which leave and return at the beginning and end of school breaks. Relatively inexpensive and very easy. We live upstate and can’t take advantage of that method.</p>

<p>As other posters said, Main Street is basically campus. Nice variety of restaurants and really almost a part of campus. I would love my current hs senior to attend as well.</p>

<p>Thanks! I appreciate your answer.</p>