Can someone Chance me please?

<p>I am a Junior from Massachusetts with a weighted 3.94 gpa and a uw of 3.4. At my High School I am fifth out of 205 people. I am part of National Honor society. For NHS I am Honor Bowel Captain which puts me in charge of the inter school trivia contests we have. will be Captain of Football team this year. Part of the Chess team. I do community service a couple hours a week at my local Library. I will be getting involved with Habitat for Humanity over the summer. I have work experienced in a Restaurant, I prepped food and mainly washed dishes. First time through the SAT's I got a 1640 which to be honest is **** poor but probably explained by the fact I had just rolled out of bed 20 min before taking them (alarm clock didnt go off). But I am retaking them and Im sure I can get up to 1900 +. I have been looking at Purdue and really been impressed by the school. As for a major I am torn between Engineering and Engineering Technology. I have heard the E.T is more hands making things work and Engineering is more conceptual. I have heard and read that its about the same course load to begin with and then Engineering majors go off in Higher levels of math and science. Any Advice, first hand would be preferably but any sort of advice is welcome. </p>

<p>9th grade
English 9 Hon A+
Geometry Hon B (took Algebra 1 Hon in 8th grade, got an A)
Biology Hon B+
World History A+
Spanish 2 Hon B
Gym A +
Computer course B
Health B</p>

<p>10th
English 10 hon A+
Algebra 2 Hon A
Chemistry Hon A-
Anatomy and Physiology B+
US History Hon A+
Spanish 3 Hon B
Gym A+</p>

<p>11th
AP Language & Comp A
AP US History A
AP Economics B
Precal Hon A-
Physics Hon B
Spanish 4 Hon B
Photoshop A</p>

<p>12th grade
AP Calculus
AP Lit.
Constitutional Law Hon
AP environmental Science
Deca Marketing
- The reason for my lackluster senior year schedule is because of my school. They made it so that an AP class would count as 2 periods. I was livid! They cut AP Chem, AP Bio, and put AP Stats the same period as calculus. Hopefully these new changes fall through but there is a strong possibly it will run as is. Which screw me over to be honest. Any Suggestions.</p>

<p>You’ll probably get accepted to the school if you up your SAT score. Out of state students typically have a rougher go in the past couple of years, and I wouldn’t expect a ton of financial aid in the form of scholarships (it’ll be more stafford loans and parent plus loans). The difference between engineering and engineering technology is more like the difference between a scientist and a technician. The scientist will still do research (i.e. use the machinery, get his hands dirty) but will also have the added responsibilities of writing reports, giving seminars and presentations, having a more thorough understanding of the material. A tech will only use the machines and will have limited responsibilities beyond that, hence why there’s not a whole lot of upper level math and science course for the technology route.</p>

<p>Yeah, definitely improve your SAT score, especially the math portion if you want to go into engineering. Your gpa is too low for a scholarship and 1900 probably isn’t enough either. The course load for engineering and technology is quite different. I’m in engineering and my course load was a lot heavier than my roommates (technology major). Here is the requirements for the first year program: <a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/InfoFor/CurrentStudents/Announcements/FYEPlan[/url]”>School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;
you can compare it with technology.</p>

<p>You won’t pick up 12+ grand a year, but you’ll probably end up getting something like 4-6 grand a year if you do exceptionally well on your SATs. There are lots of oppportunities to make money once you’re at school as well. There are lots of jobs on campus, departmental scholarships, paid internships (on my second right now and will make 15k+ this summer), research appointments, etc. There are ways to pay for school if you really want to go, but that might mean sacrificing going out to eat every other day.</p>

<p>Nicholas 02, can you talk more about these internships? Not sure if money would be available but I think acceptance would be and I’m not from the state. Are these internships in state only? Do you think finding a summer internship out of state with Purdue engineering as my school a little better?</p>

<p>Internships are readily accessible through Purdue, but you must do the effort to obtain them. Doing well in classes, involving yourself in extracurriculars, and doing well in interviews can net you an internship that is extremely well paid, upwards of 25-26 dollars an hour in some cases. That being said, it can be competitive, so be prepared to work for it and market yourself.</p>