Can you put in 1st trimester grades?

Wondering if my son should wait to submit until his first trimester grades come in (A’s in his AP maths and sciences and better than last year’s grades)…or if the system won’t take them. He tried to put them in, but it seemed the system changed it to “In Progress” – not sure if that is because the system knows the trimester can’t be done yet; or if it won’t take grades for 12th.

Also, does submitting earlier vs. later matter - ie if we wait for 1st Trimester Grades, this pushes into last week of November.

Thanks!

They only take marks from grades 9-11.

Do not submit anything beyond what SLO asks for in the application.

From the SLO website:
**Middle School Coursework (if applicable)
Cal Poly will give consideration for coursework taken in 7th and 8th grade for Mathematics and Language Other than English only. The coursework must be entered into the application to receive consideration; it will not be assumed. The courses and grades received should be entered under 9th grade in the High School Coursework section.

In order to receive consideration, the same course cannot be repeated in 9th grade; students must continue on in the course progression. Example: If a student takes Spanish 1 in 8th grade, they must take Spanish 2 in 9th grade to receive consideration for Spanish 1.

Academic Performance

College prep GPA Calculated by Cal Poly for 9th -11th grade coursework designated on the application (with honors points granted for courses designated as “honors,” “college,” “advanced placement" or “international baccalaureate” on a high school transcript, for up to eight semesters).**

I would submit the application no later than Thanksgiving. Never know if waiting to the last minute will be affected by computer issues.

@eyemgh @Gumbymom Thank you both. Very helpful, I missed the 9-11th notation. That explains it.
He iwll get it in soon, then!