Care Packages

<p>Has anyone had experience sending a UPS or FedEx package to a student through the Ferg Mail Center? How small can those packages be? We didn’t fork out the extra $100 for a PO Box so I can’t send anything USPS at the moment. </p>

<p>Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>We did not fork out the extra $ for a box either. I send my daughter a USPS priority mail box every so often through the Ferg and it works perfectly. They send both of us an email when it arrives and she picks it up.</p>

<p>2CarolinaGirls - USPS priority? Not UPS? I would love to take advantage of sending those flat rate boxes but we were told only UPS or FedEx at orientation. </p>

<p>After checking the website again, it does say large USPS boxes will be accepted. Wonder what is considered “large”?</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Yes, through the post office. USPS Priority boxes. Takes 2 days to get there and is reasonably priced, IMO. The Ferg only requires a box for the student to receive letters and magazines via USPS. I have visited the post office and brought home a few boxes of all the different sizes and just use the one that fits what I need to send her at that moment. The boxes are free so just take a few of each size to have on hand.</p>

<p>Also, I have not yet sent her a “small” priority box. Hopefully the Ferg would accept that, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t. I have already sent the medium and large boxes (which really aren’t all that large) and it the system works fine.</p>

<p>Perfect! I have a few of the large and medium boxes on hand. Thank you!</p>

<p>SewSheKnits, have your D ask about having packages shipped to her sorority house. D’s house allows them to use the mailboxes they have in the house and can ship to the house as well. I’ve already sent one letter and have a package that I ordered to be shipped to the house. </p>

<p>We did get D a UPS box as we have a commercial UPS account and I can easily ship via UPS. And she can keep the same box the entire time she is in Tuscaloosa. So far no problems shipping packages to the UPS store. I just have to warn her if one is too big to carry so she can drive over to the store.</p>

<p>TxNew CollegeMom…the girls were told this year that only girls who are living in the house can have packages sent there. They won’t refuse them, but if it is a monthly thing they might be asked to stop.</p>

<p>I have sent my DD a small priority box a couple of time now and she gets an email telling her it is ready for her to pick up. SUPER convenient. We have had very good experiences sending things through the Ferg mail service. BTW if you send something large and heavy, all she has to do is go to the Ferg Mail Center and they will make arrangements to have it delivered to her room for her so she doesn’t have to carry it across campus by herself. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We didnt do the box either. Just before classes started I ordered some sheet music for DS. When I ordered the website said it would ship UPS
But the tracking said it had shipped U.S.Mail. I called the mail center to see what I needed to do to keep it from being returned. The gentlemen explained that they would accept anything with a tracking number, even letters sent regular mail as long as it had a tracking number. I believe all priority mail has tracking now.</p>

<p>As long as there is a tracking number the Ferg will accept the package regardless of if the student has a PO box. This includes anything from boxes to menial envelope. I’ve yet to have a problem receiving a package and I do no have a PO box.</p>