Carnegie Mellon Admissions Fall 2022

That is good news for the OP. From what I understand, the Data Science major is in high demand, however, and acceptance is likely more competitive than for a classic humanities major like History or English Lit.

Being from WA might be a plus, since CMU values its reputation as a national university, rather than a regional school.

1 Like

when are decisions expected?

3/26 9am is what I am thinking is likely

1 Like

Has anyone received an email from CMU asking for extra financial aid information via the College Board’s CSS profile? One of my close friends received an email approximately 2 weeks ago. Is this sent to everyone?

I remember NEU did something similar–he was admitted to NEU as well and received a very similar request for additional financial aid documents and received a hefty scholarship along with his admission.

1 Like

Don’t expect a penny in merit scholarships from CMU unless it is in the form of financial aid. (need based) That’s how they roll unfortunately.

1 Like

A request for additional financial aid documents would be sent to students who did not provide sufficient financial aid documents with their application. This will not be everyone, no.

What major does your son apply to for UW? I don’t see they have undergrad data science major

I know that question wasn’t directed at me, but my student also applied to UW and so we spent some time with available majors there. The data sciences major (Data Sciences and Statistics) is under Applied and Computational Mathematical Sciences.

1 Like

2 hours ago, got rejection message from CMU BFA MT/Acting. Guess we got it earlier because of the major (had 5 rounds of audition) :frowning:

At UW, my son got accepted into Pre-sciences and will apply to the AMCS program.

Applied and Computational Math Sciences Program (ACMS) | College of Arts and Sciences - University of Washington |

Yes, that is the program my son will apply to, AMCS. However, AMCS is not a direct admit major, so he got accepted into pre-sciences and is planning to apply to AMCS in 2nd year.

Their website indicates 20-30% admission rate. It’s going to be a crapshoot?

1 Like

20-30% for what major?

Applied and Computational Math Sciences

when are the results out for normal decision (CS & CE)

Supposedly on 3/26

3 Likes

Where do you find this date? I don’t see it on CMU official website.

Someone posted info regarding CMU School of Music, with a release date of 3/26 for RD.

2 Likes

May be from last year
 3/26 is a saturday this year
 SO if at all, it could be 3/25 i guess

1 Like