Case Western Reserve University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Great to know that. Thanks

This is helpful. My D was not too impressed with the Freshmen dorm that they had on display for Open House.

YES. Freshmen dorms are not very good, but as i told my son, if you are fortunate enough to get in, you wont even notice. Too busy being a college freshman!

1 Like

They are old and no A/C but they are perfectly livable for students at CWRU.

3 Likes

i like the facts that the dorm rooms are mostly double and the laundry is free, compared to other schools with triple/ quad and laundry by swiping cards

3 Likes

A plus for sure!

My son was admitted ED (and accepted/paid deposit etc) and Iā€™ve been waiting for him to get some kind of swag in the mailā€¦nothing yet :cry:

We received the merit award with admission

2 Likes

They are not nice.

1 Like

They sent stuff last year. I would order from the book store t-shirts and sweatshirts.

It took a while last year but it did come. Also came for attending an admitted school weekend. My daughter had signed up to go and then couldnā€™t and told them but still got that swag too. They send them all out together so might be waiting on the deposits. It comes from OH but from a service not from CWRU so when itā€™s time it will come.

2 Likes

Any indication for the EA date?

Havent see any change from 12/21.

2 Likes

Yeah we did order a sweatshirt, but I was hoping heā€™d get some kind of welcome package in the mail. Maybe since he applied ED the know itā€™s in the bag and donā€™t have to convince him :wink:

1 Like

He did get a small gift in the mail for attending a fall open house. Weā€™re not sure if he should attend an admitted students day, seems like it will be similar to open house and I assumed the idea is to convince admitted students to attend, where is heā€™s already committed.

Mine didnā€™t go to the admitted one in the end but that was due to conflict. The schedule seemed to be for both. The first ones times really is for ED. EA wonā€™t be able to schedule in time. Mine was ED2. She did get a welcome package. It will come. It will just come later. It was really nice school supplies. Some she took with her and then a large banner flag fabric thing which is in my house in her closet. As for other swag. Once there a t-shirt is given for almost anything. The package came in March so possibly after everyone was accepted. They wonā€™t forget to send something. As an fyi - she loves the school.

2 Likes

Going to assume itā€™s 12/21. Anyone know what time they usually start releasing decisions?

2 Likes

ED is usually at 12pm. EA last year was late in the afternoon. ED2 was almost rolling and my daughters came out around 11am very early into ED2 process. So in other words, it depends but they did send a notice saying check at this time today. Except for ED2. It just appeared.

1 Like

This is great to know! Iā€™m sure patterns and traditions can change but always helps to have a general idea! We are going out to a nice restaurant for dinner for my bday on 12/21 (my daughter is arriving home from college the day before) so it would be nice to have an extra thing to celebrate. And if itā€™s not good news, my son will have some comfort food to look forward to. Lol.

7 Likes

Someone of the CWR prospective parent Facebook page said they were not notified of admission until 8pm last year so just a heads-up not to panic if there is no official notice around 3pm. Ugh-hope we donā€™t have to wait that long.