Case Western Reserve University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I totally get it but we definitely have to look at the overall financial package when comparing schools so if he can graduate in 3.5 at one school vs. 4 years at another, we need to consider that.

Let’s take it one step at a time and see if my son even gets in…tomorrow is the big day :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Good luck. With CWRU also note that especially engineering either due to a co-op or the BS/MS program you might be looking at 5 years but that would be five years with a masters or with major work experience. Merit is actually written accordingly - it is listed by number of semesters not years so if a student takes a co-op and no classes you don’t pay either and merit still holds.

1 Like

EA results date please.

1 Like

The Case website says “on or about December 21.” Last year’s results came out at 8pm

2 Likes

New email:
We are so thrilled to have received your application as an Early Action (EA) candidate to Case Western Reserve University and am writing to share with you our anticipated release plan for EA applicants.

We anticipate releasing decisions for Early Action at 8 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, Dec. 21. At that time, applicants will receive an email providing a link to view their portal with their admission status. Candidates for financial aid who have completed their financial aid applications also will be able to see an estimated financial aid package online.

8 Likes

Good luck. I also noticed the 12/22 now has tours available for CWRU. As of yesterday it as listed as booked. That happened last year too. Day after EA was out tours were opened up. When my daughter got deferred EA and given the choice of RD or ED2 we hopped a plane and took the later tour on that last day to see the school. She hadn’t seen it in person before. She fell in love with everything they had to say and wrote her additional essay on the plane back. Submitted ED2 and now loves her school.

3 Likes

I just got this email too! Best of luck to you all :))

5 Likes

We are in the same position. We are not willing to essentially write a blank check to any university. I hope CWRU looks favorably upon his EA application, but he will not be entering any ED round.

3 Likes

DD got the email that EA is coming out tomorrow at 8pm. The email read:” We are so thrilled to have received your application as an Early Action (EA) candidate to Case Western Reserve University and am writing to share with you our anticipated release plan for EA applicants.”

Am I reading into the “so thrilled” part that that wouldn’t mean a rejection???

Would they really be so thrilled to reject her. :laughing:

Honestly, I’m sure it’s a form letter…just thought the wording was overly positive…

1 Like

That’s the form letter. Do not read anything into it. Good luck for tomorrow.

4 Likes

Okay, not to nitpick, but is there a typo in the first sentence? “We are so thrilled to have received your application as an Early Action (EA) candidate to Case Western Reserve University and am writing to share with you our anticipated release plan for EA applicants.” The “am writing” should be “are writing,” shouldn’t it?

10 Likes

Lol. It is a typo. I didn’t notice because they were so thrilled…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

We were excited too. I just noticed because we read it over so many times looking for clues!

1 Like

CWRU didn’t tip their hat last year. Some people
we’re looking for clues in the portal but that didn’t pan out as anything. If there was anything at all those that got in could register for admitted student sessions, those that were deferred could do anything but that and those rejected had no change. But that was moments before. When my daughter got in ED2 we didn’t even know a decision was out. We knew some scholarship thing came out on the day she was admitted. She was actually doing an interview with another school. She came down and opened her portal then handed me the phone to look at because it didn’t let her in. I refreshed l, and saw she could register for an admitted student event, and then a decision link was there with a decision of yes. Then the entire portal changed and was very celebratory.

Good luck! It’s a wonderful place.

4 Likes

Thrilled that people will stop calling the office to ask - when will we find out !!

3 Likes

Does anybody know if the merit aid will be included in the yay/nay offer? Apparently the need-based will.

1 Like

Requested FinAid docs 3 days ago. Good sign?

2 Likes

I guess grammar is optional ;(

3 Likes

I believe so. When we went to the open house, the presenter made a big deal about how they like to present the full financial picture at the time of admission.

1 Like

Yes. Scholastic merit appeared in my daughter’s acceptance last year.

4 Likes