Cat Tran Shuttles

<p>The bus routes are really confusing to me. The web site also mentions that for certain routes you have to have some kind of pass. Do you have to pay to ride the shuttle?<br>
Thanks.</p>

<p>I don’t have an up-to-date guide on it, so I can’t comment on the passes, but the shuttle should definately be free. I haven’t been on it yet, but it just passes by, and people get on and off without paying. I’ll look on campus in the morning and let you know if anyone can comment on the passes.</p>

<p>Edit: okay, turns out I do have a guidebook I picked up somewhere! Whoo! So, there are 3 or 4 routes that, yes, you do need to buy a pass for. Those rides come from parking lots around campus. I couldn’t say why they cost money (I have a feeling that just has to do with parking, so I’ll ask tomorrow), but there are free stops within a block of all of them. In the end, you shouldn’t have to pay unless you’re feeling particularly apathetic. I’ll try to check my facts on this, though.</p>

<p>From what I saw on the website, it’s only certain routes like you said. I just wanted to be sure that you didn’t need passes just to ride around campus. Right now the summer schedule is up online, maybe in a month or so the fall schedule will be up. I appreciate your information.
Diane.</p>

<p>Unless you need to go to one of the off-campus parking lots, you don’t need a pass and it’s always free otherwise. You just hang out at the stop for a max of 10 minutes, and get on the shuttle that’s the color you need (the license plate is clearly that color). There’s some paper shuttle maps in a pocket-size and big size on the shuttles in front of the first seats, so grab one and you’ll be good.</p>

<p>Just remember to loudly call out “Next stop please” about 30 seconds ahead of your stop. Don’t say it quietly or call out too soon (the driver might forget) and pay attention so you don’t say next stop when someone else already called it out. The driver should look up and say “ok.” or “next stop.” Really the drivers are very friendly and the shuttles are rarely full.</p>