CC Forums Migration: Known issues + Status Update

same for me on mac powerbook, using firefox

I can reproduce. I’m asking our devs to take a look.

I’m using chrome on a desktop and am also taken to the bottom post even if there are 15 posts I haven’t read. :slightly_frowning_face:

Well…something has been fixed because at least now the little grad cap is at the top of the screen when I’m reading a thread and I don’t have to scroll and scroll to get to it only to have it go away.

@CC_Jon

I also like that the thread title is now at the top when I am reading a post!!

2 Likes

Good to know. We reverted a change about 45 minutes ago that was causing the problem. Thanks for the reports, everyone!

1 Like

I’m having an issue scrolling. When I stop scrolling the page hesitates then rolls back down ~half a post. I shouldn’t have to hold my finger on the screen to prevent it from rolling like an old filmstrip.

Same for me.

Ok…this started yesterday but I figured it was a temporary glitch. It’s still happening today. Every time I log into this site, I get that 503 connection error. I’m using an IPad…when I hit the little half circle arrow in the top bar, it takes me right into the forum…no problem.

But why am I getting that crazy page every.single.time. @CC_Jon

I started getting the 503 error yesterday as well.

A few days ago I was experiencing the missing header, scrolling issues,… that some others mentioned. That is better now.

Things are better on my computer vs the phone.

And now a new thing. I open CC, and I get the Home Screen. I hit the grad cap and NOTHING happens. I try to hit forums! But that is grayed out.

So I hit the little orange thing that takes me to the forums, but I get a header at the top and NO forums listed.

From there, I then can hit the grad cap and I get the forums.

I don’t think this is how you want this to be working.

Ipad 8, current IOS

@CC_Jon

We’re investigating these errors now. Several of us have spotted them too.

To make sure I understand, this is all on https://www.collegeconfidential.com/, right? (I want to make sure the report goes to the right team.)

Yes that is correct…and when I went to the above link, I got nothing when I hit the grad cap. Then I hit the orange button to go to the forums and again got that header page and no forums. BUT then I hit the grad cap, and poof the forums appeared.

Something isn’t right!

@CC_Jon just letting you know…nothing has changed. This goofy find the forums method is still happening.

New issue for me: I posted a reply but when I went back to that thread because I had a notification - the reply box and preview were still open at the bottom, as if I hadn’t posted at all. But, the reply was there in the thread. I ended up having to delete the message in the box but the reply is still there.

Is that what is happening to other people and why there are so many duplicate posts?

Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.>>

Why am I getting this banner at the top of the screen now?

Also, very slow to load and lots of looking at the little spinning Grey circle.

Lastly, I’ve received the pop up “you have been logged out, refresh”…but I’m not logged out!

@CC_Jon

The scrolling issue really needs to be fixed. It’s giving me motion sickness.

I’m not getting that banner, but am having very slow to load issues. I’ll read a thread with two new responses, then click on another with 2-3 responses, then notice the previous thread I had just read, has a gray number next to it, indicating I did not read all the responses. Except I know I did.

Lots of weird quirks for me this week.

I’m not getting that banner, but am having very slow to load issues. I’ll read a thread with two new responses, then click on another with 2-3 responses, then notice the previous thread I had just read, has a gray number next to it, i dicatin