Chance former slacker for Miami Please

<p>Hi guys,
I used to be a huge slacker. I didn't do homework , never studied for tests, did nothing after school...It was a disaster. Then about halfway through my sophomore year I realized that what I was doing was going to hurt me in the long run. From that point on I never recieved below a B. However, the damage had alraedy done,as my freshman year GPA was pretty low and my sophomore year GPA was just ok. Junior year I had a huge improvement and really did as well as I know I can. This year I'm doing well so far as well.</p>

<p>For Miami, I applied EA in middle october for the Motion Pictures program in the communications school.
I think my CA. Essay and suppplements were pretty good, an english teacher I respect a lot and my mom (a former english teacher) helped me with the essays.</p>

<p>So here are my stats, and tell me if i'm going to get in or not make it to the colleges on my list</p>

<p>Freshman year: 2.78 GPA
Sophomore Year: 3.14 GPA (Honors English)
Junior Year: 3.72 GPA (AP Gov, Honors English, History, Business classes.)</p>

<p>Cumulative GPA: 3.23</p>

<p>School doesn't rank.</p>

<p>I go to a top 10 school in NJ, and we typically do very well at most colleges (Northern Highlands)</p>

<p>took SATs a few times:
SAT 2 section single score: 1230
SAT 2 Section Superscore: 1250
SAT 3 Section single score: 1910
SAT 3 secion super score: 1930</p>

<p>E.C's
DECA Member/ Participant (reached states) Junior Year -Senior Year
Stock Market club member freshman year
Big Brother Program Participant Junior year (Program was cut by state)
Summer Camp CIT for one year, then Counselor the last two years.
Bowling Team JV junior year
Rec Basketball up to Sophomore year. and again senior year</p>

<p>my senior schedule:
AP Psych
SUPA (Syracuse level college class) English
SUPA Forensics
Honors Calc
Entreprenourship
TVP II
Film Studies
Gym/Health
Chance me.
I aced my first Quarter, got All A's and only B's in Psych and English; It was a 4.05 GPA.</p>

<p>Total in high school I have about 10-12 Honors, AP , and college level classes.</p>

<p>So can I overcome my bad freshman year with my huge upward trend?</p>

<p>Anything’s possible, but I think it’s a big reach. Good luck!</p>

<p>hey im in a similar situation to you. My freshman and sophmore year i didnt do well academically. At the end of my sophmore year i got diagnosed w/sleep apnea and was told that this could affect my worth ethic since i was always so tired. My junior year I did muchh better, and this year i’m doing even better.</p>

<p>my gpa for sophmore+freshman year are about a 2.6
junior: 3.4
so overall its around a 3.0 my school weights things weirdly and only for certain classes, but this year i am taking harder classes and have been doing really well</p>

<p>my act isnt too hot. its 26</p>

<p>I have tons of extra circulars (jewish youth group, SADD pres., helped start a community service club, ect.) i also received the fellowship award</p>

<p>im hoping all this will balance out. i applied ED so im very anxious to hear!</p>

<p>oh my. I want to know if i got in already. I am so anxious!!!uhhh i am scarred that i willl not get in… but i really want to after all it is my first pick.</p>

<p>bump please !!!</p>