Chance me at U of A

<p>Race: Caucasian
Religion: Jewish
School: Thomas S. Wootton High School
Rockville, Maryland</p>

<p>EDUCATION:</p>

<p>• I am currently a senior at Thomas S. Wootton High School with cumulative grade point
Average of 3.38 Unweighted and 3.65 weighted. I received a score of 1500 on the SAT; a 470 on math, a 500 on verbal and a 530 on writing.</p>

<p>AWARDS AND HONORS:</p>

<p>• 190 hours of community service</p>

<p>SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Film Club: 11, 12
• Two years on the student newspaper: 11, 12
o One year as only a staff Writer
o One year as business manager and a staff writer
• Handy work for the football team (Filming games, uploading games onto the computer, helping kids get recruited) 10, 11, 12
• Coach for my graduating class in the Women’s football league (Also know as Powder-puff Football League) 9, 10, 11, 12
• Referee for the student-staff basketball game series: 11, 12</p>

<p>LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:</p>

<p>• Four and a half years in B’nai Brith Youth Organization (BBYO,) As a member of the Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) Jewish fraternity as a member of Melech AZA #2461
• One year as chapter newspaper editor
• One year as chapter secretary
• Three years as chapter website editor
• Four years as chapter basketball and football coach</p>

<p>COMMUNITY RELATED ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Two years as a CIT at Temple Beth Ami Nursery School Pre-School camp
• Two years as a CIT at a camp for kids with Tourette Syndrome
• 189 community service hours</p>

<p>ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Summer Camps
o Kallah East-This was a month long experience that got me in-touch with my Judaism and my spiritual side of life
o Chapter Leadership Training Conference-This was a two week journey that taught me how to be a leader in my AZA chapter and the community</p>

<p>WORK EXPERIENCE:</p>

<p>• Ourlads NFL Scouting Services-Two years</p>

<p>Throughout my tenure with these two jobs; I have evaluated football players in the 2006, 2007 and currently the 2008 NFL Draft. My work with Ourlads has been published in the Ourlads annual draft review publication.
o Contributor to Athlon Sports Annual magazines NFL Draft preview magazine; This magazine has been featured in stores like Border and Barnes & Nobles
o One Television appearance on
o Four Radio appearances (ESPN National (The Doug Gottlieb show), ESPN Baltimore (The Anita Marks; Two times), KBZZ Reno, Nevada) When I apply I will be sending in a portfolio of my appearances</p>

<p>• NFL Draft Forecast (nfldraftforecast.com)-Two years
• Senior year internship with the Neustadt Group; A prominent sports agency in the Washington D.C. area
• Several years of a babysitting for an autistic boy in my neighborhood</p>

<p>OTHER:</p>

<p>• I have Tourette syndrome-While in media and popular culture, it is portrayed as a negative aspect of life; Tourette syndrome has been one of the most positive influences in my life. It has been something to overcome and an aspect of my life that I shared with others with the same disorder. During the two years I spent as a CIT at a Tourette syndrome camp, I was looked up to by campers as someone who is succeeding with Tourette syndrome.</p>

<p>The standards for out of state students at U of A are a little higher. My D just graduated in May. When she applied there were mins for out of state applicants 24 on the ACT and 1100 on the SAT.</p>

<p>I would suggest that you take the ACT, Zona takes both and most kids find they do better on one or the other. You have a lot of good things going for you, just need a little higher scores to be a lock.</p>

<p>
[quote]
The standards for out of state students at U of A are a little higher. My D just graduated in May. When she applied there were mins for out of state applicants 24 on the ACT and 1100 on the SAT.

[/quote]

That's not true at all, those are the averages. If you have at least a 3.0 and graduate in the top 25 % of your class, the chances of getting into UA even as an out of state student are very good.</p>

<p>I looked at the view book from 2002, it states the mins for out of state are 24 and 1100. </p>

<p>Things have changed, since 2002 for fall 2003. Before instate was top 50% for an auto admitted and now it top 25%. Arizona has been trying to raise the 5 year graduation rates, one way is to accept higher caliber students. The first step was changing the auto admits and the second was make sure the out of state students were of a higher caliber. These are mins now.</p>

<p><a href="https://admissions.arizona.edu/requirements/Competency_Requirements.aspx%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://admissions.arizona.edu/requirements/Competency_Requirements.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I can tell you that Zona gets 10% of it operating budget from out of state tuition. My D jokes that they call it UC Tucson. They do like out of staters.</p>

<p>UA is definitely a good school (it was actually my 2nd choice). I really like the school, but I wouldn't say that they are selective with their admissions process. It used to be that any idiot could get in, but now they are changing their standards. By the way, I meant a 3.0 UW gpa. If someone has a 3.0 UW gpa, they shouldn't have a problem getting in.</p>

<p>Are you guys saying that I most likely in?</p>

<p>scout,</p>

<p>You need to raise your test scores. The link in the post above shows the mins-530 verbal and 540 math. This is why I said you should try the ACT.</p>

<p>The link you showed about just shows that if you didn't complete a certain number or core courses then you need to get that certain score</p>

<p>BYAH!</p>

<p>Example, if you gain credit for english 1 through 4 then you need an English subscore of 21</p>

<p>Scout,Try to raise your math SAT score to over 500 but I had very similar SAT and GPA(490 Math,530 Verbal,500 Writing,3.02 UW GPA) and got in as an out of state student....I think you will be just fine,Good Luck!</p>

<p>If it makes a difference...</p>

<p>I just received my transcript in the mail today...</p>

<p>3.40 Unweighted
3.72 Weighted</p>

<p>Bump to make viewable</p>

<p>My nephew was accepted there from OOS with a similar GPA, fewer EC's and slightly higher SAT scores. I suggest you get your SAT scores up and apply early!!! I think you should go for it!</p>

<p>My D is there now--freshman--she is an AZ resident. There are so many students from OOS--mostly from CA, CO and MA.</p>