U of A Chances

<p>know I’ve posted this 1000 times, but I had a 100 point SAT increase</p>

<p>Race: Caucasian
Religion: Jewish
School: Thomas S. Wootton High School
Rockville, Maryland</p>

<p>EDUCATION:</p>

<p>• I am currently a senior at Thomas S. Wootton High School with cumulative grade point
Average of 3.40 Unweighted and 3.72 weighted. I received a score of 1590 on the SAT; a 490 on math, a 570 on verbal and a 530 on writing.</p>

<p>AWARDS AND HONORS:</p>

<p>• 190 hours of community service</p>

<p>SCHOOL ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Film Club: 11, 12
• Two years on the student newspaper: 11, 12
o One year as only a staff Writer
o One year as business manager and a staff writer
• Handy work for the football team (Filming games, uploading games onto the computer, helping kids get recruited) 10, 11, 12
• Coach for my graduating class in the Women’s football league (Also know as Powder-puff Football League) 9, 10, 11, 12
• Referee for the student-staff basketball game series: 11, 12</p>

<p>LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:</p>

<p>• Four and a half years in B’nai Brith Youth Organization (BBYO,) As a member of the Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) Jewish fraternity as a member of Melech AZA #2461
• One year as chapter newspaper editor
• One year as chapter secretary
• Three years as chapter website editor
• Four years as chapter basketball and football coach</p>

<p>COMMUNITY RELATED ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Two years as a CIT at Temple Beth Ami Nursery School Pre-School camp
• Two years as a CIT at a camp for kids with Tourette Syndrome
• 189 community service hours</p>

<p>ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES:</p>

<p>• Summer Camps
o Kallah East-This was a month long experience that got me in-touch with my Judaism and my spiritual side of life
o Chapter Leadership Training Conference-This was a two week journey that taught me how to be a leader in my AZA chapter and the community</p>

<p>WORK EXPERIENCE:</p>

<p>• Ourlads NFL Scouting Services-Two years</p>

<p>Throughout my tenure with these two jobs; I have evaluated football players in the 2006, 2007 and currently the 2008 NFL Draft. My work with Ourlads has been published in the Ourlads annual draft review publication.
o Contributor to Athlon Sports Annual magazines NFL Draft preview magazine; This magazine has been featured in stores like Border and Barnes & Nobles
o One Television appearance on
o Four Radio appearances (ESPN National (The Doug Gottlieb show), ESPN Baltimore (The Anita Marks; Two times), KBZZ Reno, Nevada) When I apply I will be sending in a portfolio of my appearances</p>

<p>• NFL Draft Forecast (nfldraftforecast.com)-Two years
• Senior year internship with a prominent sports agency in the Washington D.C. area
• Several years of a babysitting for an autistic boy in my neighborhood</p>

<p>OTHER:</p>

<p>• I have Tourette syndrome-While in media and popular culture, it is portrayed as a negative aspect of life; Tourette syndrome has been one of the most positive influences in my life. It has been something to overcome and an aspect of my life that I shared with others with the same disorder. During the two years I spent as a CIT at a Tourette syndrome camp, I was looked up to by campers as someone who is succeeding with Tourette syndrome.</p>

<p>TEACHER RECS-SOLID
Counselor RECS-EXCELLENT
OTHER RECS-EXCELLENT</p>

<p>I'd guess in. Not too hard to get in.</p>

<p>Anyone Else?</p>

<p>Scout,</p>

<p>Your new SAT scores puts you in the safe range for admission to the UA. The rest of your credentials are pretty solid, and you show initiative and strong interest. I would bet you're in.</p>

<p>Anyone else???</p>

<p>you have a good chance to get in, great EC's and decent everything else</p>

<p>They will accept you even without SAT scores. You only have to submit test scores for scholarship consideration. For a purely admissions decision, Arizona only looks at GPA and the required courses on your transcript. If your GPA is a little low, they will look at everything else. Otherwise, the essay, the ECs, the recommendations, and test scores don't even come into play. That's what the admissions counselor told us during his presentation. It looks like your GPA is plenty high enough, but they do recalculate to take out of consideration anything that's not part of the required course work. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>scout, you already know that you are going to get in beofre you even posted this. no one else needs to reply.</p>

<p>Can you recommend the top five dorms on campus at the University Of Arizona and why you recommended them? I need to make a decision this evening.</p>

<p>Jay,</p>

<p>Yes they do</p>

<p>scout, you clearly are going to get into UofA. It is just an ego booster for you for people to keep telling you the same info over and over. You are in. No need to keep replying "Anyone else?, anyone else?" after everyone tells you the same thing. You are doing the same thing at the IU page. You are in, congrats, but move on.</p>

<p>Jay,</p>

<p>You never know...</p>

<p>So far the sake of it,</p>

<p>ANYONE ELSE!?</p>

<p>Scout,</p>

<p>I'm changing my vote. I was assuming you were a little insecure and needed reassurance, which I was more than willing to provide. It seems you have other issues. I cannot assure you that you will get in if these issues show though, e.g. in your personal statement.</p>

<p>OK, that was harsh. Stop asking the same question over and over. You're in, you fool!</p>

<p>Dude, I'd say your good.... but all my UA admissions experience (100+ friends) are instate... </p>

<p>But you're AZA! Sweet, me too! Consider helping out the local chapters when you get here (if you get here).</p>

<p>I lived in DC for a semester, and I was supposed to help start a chapter in bethesda i think, but the dorm staff (I was a page) wouldn't let me go out there alone... so I never did :-(</p>

<p>Good luck, it's really not that tough. and you've got decent stuff.</p>