Chance Me Early Decision PLEASE!!!

<p>Oh ok. Yeah I’m still debating whether to apply Early Decision to VTech. Some people are telling me, (some of these people are actually at VTech, most are not), that Pamplin is not that great, and that I would be better off going to a school like JMU and GMU if I want plan on going to grad school afterwards. What do you think Chuy?? Because i looked at the site and it says VTech has like a 98% job placement for BIT which is the major i’m interested in.</p>

<p>The accounting and BIT graduates from Pamplin have always been heavily recruited. I really don’t know what to say about comments regarding JMU and GMU as better suited if you wanted to attend graduate school. What is the basis for these comments? I graduated (a looong time ago) from Pamplin and went to Darden for an MBA. At that time, Darden usually took a handful of VT graduates every year. There were no JMU or GMU graduates.</p>

<p>Haha yeah I figured as much lol. VTech FTW!!!</p>

<p>Well i have decided to apply early decision to VTech. I really hope my strength of schedule, SAT score, and ECs will help me get into Pamplin</p>

<p>So got ap scores. Got a 2 in ap chem which was expected cause that’s what almost everyone in our class got. I did, however, get a 4 on CS, USH, and BC Calc. With the 4 in World History, and a summer program I did at UMD that gave me 3 college credits, I have 21 college credits at VTech. Will my ap scores help me get into VTech. Will they acknowledge the fact that our AP teachers deflate our grades to boost our ap scores. I got a C in Calc, but that is because our teachers make the class extremely difficult and deflate grades so people do well on ap exams. As of now, I am planning on applying early decision to pamplin</p>

<p>anybody have any comments, positive or negative all are welcome!!</p>

<p>hellooooooooooooooooooooooo</p>

<p>[2011-2012</a> | Institutional Research & Effectiveness Home | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/commonDataSet/11-12/2011CommonDataset.html]2011-2012”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/commonDataSet/11-12/2011CommonDataset.html)
This shows the stats of students actually attending VA Tech.</p>

<p>Yeah, that’s really the best anyone here can actually do. We don’t work for admissions.</p>

<p>What UVA said about early decision, and it makes sense, is that if you feel your grades up through junior year are your absolute best, and that the grades you receive the first semester of your senior year won’t make you any more ‘marketable’ than you are now, go ahead and apply early decision. If your first quarter/semester grades your senior year will improve your ‘resume’, wait for regular decision.</p>