Chance Me for Georgetown Regular Decision

Demographics

• US domestic (US citizen or permanent resident) or international student DOMESTIC but dual citizenship for Israel
  • State/Location of residency: (state is important if you apply to any state universities) DE
  • Type of high school (current college for transfers): Public
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity (optional): White Female
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.): First Gen Single Parent Household

Intended Major(s) Poli Sci

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.95
  • Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 4.13
  • College GPA (for transfers):
  • Class Rank: 10/510
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 1400

Coursework
AP HUG (5), AP Gov (5), AP Bio(4) AP Chem (4) AP euro (4)
Continued Dual enrollment program at local college- taken math all the way to Calc III and a ton of cool English classes (mythology, African American lit, intro to film…) with other college students

Also took a semester in Israel my sophomore year and got a rec letter from my GS teacher (spent 4 hrs/day with him)

Awards- Ap scholar w distinction

Extracurriculars
works 75 hours during the shop (helps run the family business, wrote a supp about meeting J1 student of a ton of cultures and what I learned from them)
Varsity tennis team capt and 1st singles (prev. 2nd)
Mock trial team captain- 4 best atty gavels
french club
NHS

Essays/LORs/Other
strong, I think

Georgetown is my actual dream and I have lost sleep over admissions. Please let me know if I have a shot with my abysmal SAT score thank you

How many SATs did you take - as they require them all.

Let’s stop saying your score was abysmal when you were at least as good as 93% of the country. That’s silly.

You are a shade below the 25th percentile - but 25% are below.

Your weighted GPA is a bit low - how is your rigor - meaning did you take a high # of AP classes relative to what is offered?

Semester in Israel is neat and could help.

What is a GS teacher

1. I’d say unlikely - but what I say is irrelevant as I’m not an AO.

2. There is no such thing as a dream school. There’s not. You have a bad roommmate, bad profs. In the case of Gtown, we’ve read time and time again the food is horrible and parents complain that their kids have to eat out and spend a lot of money.

I wish you luck - but got off the dream school - it doesn’t exist. Why do you think it’s your dream school?

Where else are you in - those who have accepted you - fall in love with them!! If Gtown, comes through, that’s great too.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Just double checked weighted gpa because I honestly guessed- 4.4 so yeah higher than I thought. But yes I took the max # of APs in my school then Continued Dual enrollment program at local college- taken math all the way to Calc III and a ton of cool English classes (mythology, African American lit, intro to film…) with other college students
GS=general studies=hiking around Israel and historicizing places and whatever, then going into global politics, but it’s a 4 hour/day class.

Also into BU, GW, waitlisted at William and Mary, rejected from Williams

And I took my SAT’s twice sophomore year, 1400 both times and didn’t bother to get it higher because I’m applying test optional most places.

I asked because Gtown makes you send them all in.

So you got into BU and GW - so the pressure is off. Of course, those two offer merit (Gtown doesn’t…not that cost matters - I don’t know) and neither has a campus so I can see why you like Gtown.

You certainly have a chance. But you might have done yourself in with your Letter of Recommendation - assuming you did one as they ask for.

They want a teacher from Junior or Senior year from a core subject and you provided a Sophomore teacher from a non-core subject. So always read the instructions.

Hopefully you did provide a letter as they asked.

You’ll know soon enough and if your fallbacks are BU or GW - you’re in good shape!!

Best of luck.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you. But one FYI they don’t have a PolySci major. They have government. It is also a very coveted field. Lots of kids apply in with other intended majors to potentially increase their chances of acceptance. You have some great things going for you! Be proud of what you have done.

Yes sorry I applied undecided. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.