Chance me for Mech Engineering

<p>Hey I am an international applicant from India. I applied to UWM in early action for fall 2015.
Sat: 2000(R560 M760 W680)
Sat2: M2 800, P 800
Toefl: 102
CGPA(Unweighed)
9th- 9.8/10
10th-10/10
11th-8.8/10
12th-9.2/10
Essays good, lor good.
EC: National level scholar, Award for academic excellence, 150+ hrs community service, Solar heating project(intern), British Council( International project), volleyball and many more.
Major: Mech engineering</p>

<p>Sounds good. Do apply. </p>

<p>I understand the feeling of wanting to be assured entrance, but no one here can do this. Your best hope for attending is to apply and wait for a response like all others… Me included!</p>

<p>I found this site so I too could post a “chance me” thread… I stayed around to hear other general stories about people interested in UW (UWM is university of wisconsin - milwaukee, not madison) and also get an idea of when others were receiving decisions.</p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>Same to you. And yes everyone wants some kind of assurance.</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>Remember to use just UW as above. You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of your intended major. Once you are at UW your college grades will determine your acceptance to the College of Engineering and your major there. You will be preengineering and have most of your classes in L&S (eg math, physics, chemistry) your freshman year. Stating a major on your application (and you can change this at any time later) helps in assigning your summer advisor.</p>

<p>There is no “early action”. Admissions are rolling, that is, UW gives them out as they decide them. There is earlier notification for those who apply by the early date- but the answer could be admit, reject or postpone. Postponed applicants will find out the final decision by the spring notification deadline.</p>

<p>Check the UW engineering site for details. It is good to familiarize yourself with schools you want to attend.</p>

<p>btw- there are several good Indian restaurants in Madison, including one within walking distance of campus. There are also Indian grocery stores.</p>

<p>@wis75‌ I was unaware of this fact. Thanks for updating me. You relieved me man, hope I get good Indian food there.
BTW what are my chances?</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>There is some pretty good Indian food–or Chicago. Devon Ave.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Indian+Food&find_loc=Madison%2C+WI#sortby=rating”>http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Indian+Food&find_loc=Madison%2C+WI#sortby=rating&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p><a href=“A Guide to Devon Avenue – Chicago Magazine”>http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2011/Guide-to-Devon-Avenue-in-Chicago/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>It is ridiculous to drive all the way to Chicago just for Indian groceries. The Devon St area is crowded with narrow city streets and not right off the highway. You can get so much now in Madison- especially for students who want snack foods and ready to eat foods. The west side near that Woodmans location. No need to go to Milwaukee, an easier trip, either. College students are not that likely to be spending their weekends going out of town to shop, especially when most do not have cars. </p>

<p>A hint to all students. When everyone returns to campus in the fall the free annual Isthmus guide will be available at many places and is worth saving for its comprehensive listing of all types of restaurants in the Madison area. This includes the local Indian places. </p>

<p>Your chances are good- worth applying. Once you apply all you can do is wait for an answer. You can’t get in if you do not apply.</p>

<p>@wis75‌ thanks man </p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>Refer to the last paragraph of wis75’s post above.</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>Bump</p>

<p>We have nothing more for you. Apply and see what happens.</p>

<p>Stop bumping- you irritating those would reply.</p>

<p>Got into Wisconsin Madison…yay…</p>

<p>@kkedia Today or last night?</p>