Chance Me for Virginia Tech Regular Decision!!!

Hello. I applied RD to VT and it’s one of my top choices

WGPA: 3.9 something (including first semester senior year)
UGPA: 3.5 something
ACT: 27 (25 Reading and 28 Math)
SAT: 1870/2400 and 1230/1600 (600 Reading and 630 Math)
SAT II’s: 620 Math 1 and 670 US History
I have taken as many AP’s and Honors as I could
I have gotten A’s and B’s mostly ( A, A-, B+, B )

I have taken 10 HN’s and 8 AP’s

Senior Year Schedule/First Semester Grades
AP Bio : A-
AP Econ: B
Global Marketing: A
AP Calculus AB: B+
English 12 HN: A
AP Government: A

Extracurriculars/Volutneering: I had a good amount. 2 or 3 leadership positions too
Essays: They were okay. I think I had one solid one and the other two were okay. (How much does the essay matter?)

Please chance me I’m so nervous. I applied as a General Bioscience major to the College of Science
I am not first generation or a legacy.
I am A Virginia Resident

I would say a decent chance given you are right at the mean for admits to this major. Bioscience has gotten very competitive…I would still recommend having back ups just in case. You can never truly compare people, but you are, on the surface, very similar to my DS last year (except he was a 4 generation legacy and his ACT was higher). Deferred ED, Wait-listed RD, then accepted but chose to attend somewhere else. My fingers are crossed for you…I love VT and have my oldest son graduating this year in ME.

Here is a link to the historical admissions stats for Bioscience. Select “applications, offers by student” then “college of science” and scroll down in the excel file till you get to General Bioscience.

http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html