Chance me for VT please (low gpa + high test scores)?

hey guys, I’m a senior at a pretty high ranking public high school in the suburbs of Chicago. The only reason I mention this is that I’ve heard from many current and former students, parents, college counselors, etc. that my low GPA at my school - since it’s known for being more difficult than the average high school - doesn’t look as bad to colleges as if I got the same GPA at most other public high schools. After taking only honors, advanced honors, and AP classes, my GPA is something like 3.4 weighted, 2.9 unweighted.

I also have a 32 on the ACT (34 English, 29 math, 33 reading, 32 science) and I might take it again since I’ve only taken it once. After taking the SAT twice, my best scores are 740 on reading/writing and 750 on math, so a 1490 total. I have OK extracurriculars, like badminton for two years, piano my whole life, multiple different choirs in and out of school since I was 8, and I’ve had a radio show at my school radio station for two years, and this year I’ll be on the board of the radio station, as well as some other stuff here and there. I also haven’t been without a steady job or two since I was old enough to work. I’m looking to major in biology or computer science and/or do some pre-nursing program, and maybe minor in music. Do you guys think I have a chance at Virginia Tech? I’m also looking at Boulder, Tulane, Cal Poly in Pomona, U of I, RPI, and a few others.

Recommendations for schools that are known to be ok with low GPAs and high test scores would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance

There is really no way for anyone here to figure out how your HS GPA compares to most others. On the face of it, yes, your GPA is relatively low for VT, but I do not know if your 3.4 is actually equivalent to a 3.7ish or whatever at most other high schools. I would talk to your hs adviser who has actually dealt with this and see if people in your strata reliably get into colleges with similar incoming stats as VT. Your test scores are good. Engineering (comp sci) is very competitive as well.