Chance me please! UM = top choice

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>Low SATs: (1150/1600)
3.8 unweighted GPA
Challenging/ rigorous course load (4 AP and 7 honors)
Summer business and leadership programs
Marketing Internship--20 hours a week
Other Job--12 hours a week (on top of internship)
President of a couple clubs
LOTS of extra<em>curriculars (youth group, FBLA, DECA, basketball, SUPER involved in music, NHS, link crew, and MUCH MORE)
Several national business awards & some state awards in music
Great essay
Awesome letters of rec (I assume... the people I asked LOVE me and know me really well).</em>
From WA state. (helps diversity)
Class rank--- 17% (My school doesn't weight
GPA- so a lot of people take no honors/AP and get 4.0s, so most schools ditch the class rank for our HS- my counselor told me that).*</p>

<p>Applied early action. I know I don't qualify for a merit scholarship, but do you think I can get in? And what other options are there to help fund this expensive school? I'm middle upper class but with no scholarship I would have to take out $120k in student loans and there is no way I am doing that. </p>

<p>I have already been accepted to UNiversity of San Diego (won't hear about scholarship info until march) and accepted to gonzaga with a 46K scholarship (over 4 years) but UM remains my top choice. Thoughts...?</p>

<p>I commented on another chance me prospect to the U and so I will repeat some of the common data set info.</p>

<p>The 2010-11 information indicates that 88% were 3.50+ GPA. Also they note as being “very important” items such as class rigor, test scores, and GPA. Thus, your GPA is a plus and your test scores are decent. My kid got in with your stats a few years ago via RD. Again as I told the other person that I commented on, the EA is your key. This indication of your commitment should give you the push. Their acceptance rate for 2010-11 was 39.2% with a yield of 8.23%. Therefore, they admit a fair amount of students and this also serves you well. You look good. Relax…</p>

<p>I have similar stats too and I applied Early Action! It really stinks that we won’t be eligible for a scholarship because it is so expensive! :frowning: I hope we get good financial aid and other outside scholarships and hopefully I will see you on campus next year! :slight_smile: Good luck, let me know if you get accepted, less than a month and we’ll know!</p>

<p>i have around the same stats as you.
my school does not rank and i have a 3.71/5.0. i am from pa. i got a 28 on my act, 31 on English, 29 on reading, 28 on math, and 23 on science. i was the captain of the varsity tennis team this year and we won states seven consecutive times and i have been on the varsity tennis team for four years. i taught kids with down syndrome how to play tennis, volunteered on the cardiac arrest floor at a hospital, tutor kids with special needs and many more. i had very good recs and i have taken at least 3 honors every year since freshmen year. i also applied EA. what do you think my chances are?</p>

<p>@bbgirl17
Appears that you have a good shot given your extracurricular activities. I spoke to my son last night who is graduating from the U this year and he said that admissions seem to target strength of schedule and yours is favorable. Also the fact that they are, according to their common data set, admitting just over a third of the applicants is good too. The unweighted GPA should be north of 3.5 for the strongest chance for that element. If you are unweighted in the 3.0 to 3.49, UM took 10% of that group. To sum it up, the ECs and strength of schedule are favorable and along with the EA application this should solidify your acceptance. Good luck and know that you will be at a great place to study, socialize and live.</p>