Chance me please :)

<p>I have just recently finished my application for VT and I have been really nervous (Virginia Tech has been the school I have wanted to go to since I was about 10.)</p>

<p>So here are all my stats and scores:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.75uw
SAT: 1060/1600... (Reading: 510, Math: 550);
Class Rank - 65/276 (Competitive School)
Major: Undecided/University Studies (Planned for GE but SAT's are just too low...)
In-State</p>

<p>I live in New Jersey but I am applying in-state because my dad is military and has claimed Virginia as his state of residency and it is where he pays his taxes.</p>

<p>Honor's & AP:</p>

<p>AP Physics B - 3
AP Physics C
AP Computer Science
AP Calculus AB
Honor's Pre-Calc</p>

<p>Things to mention:</p>

<p>My brother has severe congenital heart disease and has had 3 open heart surgeries since he was born in 1997. In 2010, during my junior year, he was diagnosed with Endocarditis and almost lost his life. I was constantly out of school during Sept-Oct going back and forth from the hospital and home visiting him and caring for my siblings. During that time my grades faced a bit of drop.</p>

<p>My dad is also active duty Air Force and has been deployed multiple times, where I have been left to help my mother make sure everything is alright around the household.</p>

<p>EC's:</p>

<p>Robotics Club (12)
NJDFL (New Jersey Drama & Forensics League) (10-12)
Chess Club (12)
Football (9)
Baseball (9-12)</p>

<p>Volunteer:</p>

<p>Airman's Attic (Higher Ranking families would donate their stuff here, that way a younger airman could come and get it if they needed it)</p>

<p>Christmas in April (An organization ran by my grandfather's church where we helped fix up older and/or poor couples homes)</p>

<p>Other stuff:</p>

<p>I founded GoldDragon Games in 2006 with a couple of people that I was networking with from around the world. We developed a few small games but the time zone thing was a bit of an issue.</p>

<p>I have also been working on a 2D Comical MMORPG called Squeebs for the past 5-6 years. I have done a lot of programming on most of the older engines and a little bit on the newer one. I was also the main server host and manager when we released the older engine. We had about 250 players at the time. Squeebs</a> - What? New domain?</p>

<p>I know this is a bit long, but I would really appreciate it if you took a look and gave me some input on what you believe my chances are. I'd like to just get an idea if I should keep my hopes up or not.</p>

<p>-Brandon</p>

<p>I couldn’t find an edit for my original post, but I forgot to add what my senior classes were:</p>

<p>Peer Leadership (Aid the freshman on making the switch between middle school and high school and setting them on the right path)</p>

<p>AP Computer Science
AP Calculus
AP Physics C
English IV</p>

<p>Any ideas of my chances?</p>

<p>Your GPA is fine if weighting it will bring it up a coupe decimal points. At this point your SAT is going to make VT a reach. Can you squeeze in one more SAT and (not or) ACT? I think it is too late but you can check.</p>

<p>I contacted the Admissions Office a couple of days ago and they said it is perfectly fine for me to take the January SAT and send them those scores. What would you say would be a good score to aim for?</p>

<p>I am thinking somewhere around 1300+ would boost my chances a lot.</p>

<p>GPA and SAT are on the low side. VT admissions is very, very numbers driven.</p>

<p>Ok well I was able to retake the January SAT and wasn’t able to raise it as much as I wanted. But I did get the following:</p>

<p>MATH: 610
CR: 580
1190/1600</p>

<p>I know this will help my chances a bit. I also had a 4.0W GPA the first semester this year and that was sent in my mid-year report. I know I’m still a huge reach for the College of Engineering though.</p>

<p>I guess what I’m asking is, based off the stats above and my essays that I believe are really well written, what do you think my chances are of at least getting into University Studies if I don’t get into the College of Engineering?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>brandon94</p>