Chance Me please?

<p>average 3.5 gpa weighted, but sophomore year I slacked, and junior year second semester i got a 4.2 weighted.
Senior year I am taking French 4, ap gov and ap calc ab. </p>

<p>ACT Composite:29 English:30 Math:33 Reading: 27 Science:27 Essay 9</p>

<p>i am involved in kiva club, habitat for humanity, and future business leaders of america (fbla) which are clubs at my school. I volunteer as a tutor for disadvantaged kids 1 hour per week since junior year, and have volunteered 1 hr a week as a counselor for special needs kids.
I have played high school and club soccer all throughout my high school years, and I have been captain of my high school team sophomore and junior year, and I won coaches award junior year.
I plan to do well first semester of my senior year. I know my gpa isn't on par but what do you think of my chances? I truly appreciate the feedback.</p>

<p>UW uses the unweighted gpa. You can calculate yours by taking the grades from all classes without adding extra points for honors/AP. A high junior year gpa shows you matured and the rising gpa is better than the same one including all years. Academics trump activities so it is good you are paying attention to your classes and not just the extras. Apply, write your best essays and see what happens. Never any guarantees as there are a lot of applicants with similar stats but you can’t get in if you don’t apply.</p>

<p>ok thank you very much</p>