Chance me please?

In State Applicant from Southern VA
White Female

1900 SAT (610 CR, 630 Math)
ACT - 28 Composite 27 Math 29 English
4.07 Weighted GPA 3.70 Unweighted
President of a School Club, SCA Officer, Intern, Many Leadership ECs, Varsity Fencing
All IB & AP Classes (9 Classes Senior Year)
IB Diploma Candidate
4 on AP Euro & AP Literature
3 on AP World & AP Language
AP Scholar w Honors
Rank: My School doesn’t rank, but it’s a small competitive Private School
First Choice: Architecture
Second Choice: University Studies
Essays: Did the max offered.

I think VT is a match for you. Your gpa, schedule, and test scores are pretty good. Ive heard architecture is rather competitive, but i definitely believe that if you don’t get your first major, youll be offered university studies and can try to transfer later. Good luck!

A low Match, for sure. You might even disagree, but with your stats and the fact that you have completed your essays, I would even consider VT a HIGH safety for an applicant like yourself. Great GPA’s and ec’s, so can’t wait for your acceptance, @skdoss‌! :smiley:

I agree with collegeplease123. Would be surprised if you didn’t get good news. I know two girls that were accepted, one to Ag&Life Sciences (my daughter), and one to Architecture. Both have very similar stats to you. In state, SEVA. The AG&LS is full IB diploma, the Arch not.

Thank you guys! I’ve been worried of my chances since I got denied from an OOS university. But Tech is my number one choice, so I’m hopeful I’ll get in! I’m a bit anxious because so many people from my school have applied (10 I believe, last I counted out of a class of 40)… but I’m hopeful I’ll get to be a Hokie :). As a side note, does anyone know how much legacy counts for at Tech? I haven’t heard much about it, so I’d assume not much. But my father went there as well, so I was curious if that helped me out at all.