chances at getting into tech?

<p>im too nervous about college acceptances. what are my chances at getting into tech honestly. i've taken 3 honors classes. and 4 ap classes. 5 this year. and 1 college class. i have a 3.2 and a 3.5 by the end of this year. i've done girl state; was the runner up for attorney general. indoor and outdoor track manager. 300 volunteer hours. president of environmental club. been in latin club for 2 years; vice president last year. treasurer of my schools sca this year. i've done a sorority delta eta for three years. key club for four years. cultural dance programs outside of school. Ace team for three years. i can get great teacher recommendations. my sat is a 1620. and two part is 1020. i took my acts saturday soo. oh and i've done an internship with deca this year. legacy is a big thing at tech and a huge reason why so many people get in. i dont have any family that went there. my brother goes to uva. with my gpa and sat scores. i dont think im getting in at all. my chances? brutally honest</p>

<p>dont overlook my gpa and sat scores.</p>

<p>Hi. Well, you’re scores and GPA could certainly be better, but of course that’s not the only thing to consider. One of the most important aspects of a VT application is your choice of major, which you did not include in your post. Honestly, if you’re going for Engineering or Architecture, the outlook is not so good. VT’s average freshman GPA is right around 4.0 now and the colleges of Engineering and Architecture assume a GPA close to that and make decisions based on the extras, but that is where your application seems to shine.</p>

<p>How many honors/aps does your school offer? your ECs are definitely great.
Just a thought about essays… maybe write about one of your classes that u did terrific in and elaborate on that. Same with one of your ECs that you’re involved in–do the one you’re truly the most passionate about because that will yield you a better essay. I would write all three essays just to be safe :slight_smile:
Overall, I agree with what WiseMD said</p>