Chance me please!

UW-- 3.54

ACT: 29
SAT: 1440

ECs: Varsity Basketball, Started a program to teach underprivileged children how to write!
Won 8th place nationally in the InvestWrite Competition
Treasurer of Medical/HOSA club
VP of Diversity Club
Internship at a startup company doing business development.

Interested in pursuing pre-medicine studies or something in the biomedical space.

I’m currently a junior (from California) so I have a small window to bump up my test scores + GPA. Would it help to apply EA? I know its a bit early to get chanced, but I want to get an idea a little bit ahead of time.

@nirbans your SAT is fine. However, improve your GPA. Get it to at least 3.7+ (UW). If this year’s admits are any indication, a higher GPA is important to get into Purdue.

@nirbans Purdue doesn’t have EA, it has rolling admissions. This means the earlier you apply, the better your chance of admission.

@wallowa Unfortuantely, you won’t have much chance of getting directly accepted into Purdue Engineering. First reason is that Purdue Engineering is VERY competitive. Judging from your GPA and ACT score, I don’t think you are much of a competitive applicant. Second reason is that, because Purdue uses rolling admission system, the later you apply, the harder it is to get into (running out of space for applicants), even for strong, competitive applicants. Perhaps you will have some chance of getting into College of Science, unless you are trying to major in Computer Science, which is one of the toughest majors in Purdue.

UW-M will be tough for you as well, unfortunately.

What about a Unweighted: 3.9 and Weighted: 4.6 GPA but SAT score of 1340? Plus awards + extracurriculars etc @HardOREasy

Purdue has changed their admission from rolling admission to EA and RD. This is the first year for that, in the past it has always been rolling admission. I cannot predict how that will affect anyone’s admission chances.

Purdue switched from rolling admissions to eary admission this year. Deadline is November 1st. Applying early definitely helps. While prior posters are correct that your stats are a bit low for the College of Engineering, if you are considering the College of Science (biology, biochemistry major or the like), you should have a good shot. Your stats fall in the published middle 50%. GPA: 3.59-4.00 (unweighted core), ACT: 26-31, SAT: 1160-1360. Good luck.