Chance me please :)

<p>I'm very interested in SUNY Geneseo and think I have a good chance at getting in, but I would like some outside opinions. Be nice please! </p>

<p>So...dun dun dun! Here's my Stats:
SATs: I'm taking the June 5th SAT but here's my average scores:
570 CR, 630 Math, 670 Writing (my best skill, which no one seems to care about <em>sighs</em>)
SAT Subjects: 630 Chemistry (not my thing) 670 US History, 680 Math I (before you start bashing me for not taking Math II, fyi I haven't taken pre-calc yet!)
APs: World History (3), Literature (hoping for a 3), US History (have a feeling I got a 5)
I took World as a Sophmore and took Lit and US as a junior (which I currently am).
GPA: 93/94 unweighted, 102.5 weighted
Freshman grades: all 90s
Sophmore grades: all 90s, except AP World (I got an 80!)
Junior grades: all 90s, except AP Lit (around an 88 ) and AP US (around an 88 )
Based on the stuff on Naviance for my school, my GPA is higher than Bing's and my SAT scores always seem pretty much around the average in the 1800s.</p>

<p>Oops I forgot to talk about my classes besides APs. I'm in all honors classes for sophmore and junior years. Actually, I'm only in honors math this year but I'm also in college spanish and college forensics (It's so cool! I'll be taking sat physics next year.) Mmmm that seems to all that's necessary I guess...</p>

<p>Hmmm...is it time for personal info!? <em>Gasp!</em>
Ok, first off, I am a white female living in NY. Not very interesting, but what can you do?
I have a twin sister if that means anything special. She's also interested in Geneseo (Her stats are a little better than mine too! ).
Extracurricular Activities:
Interact (community service club) 9-12
Spanish Club/Spanish NHS 11-12
Regular Old NHS 11-12
History Club 11-12
School newspaper (In my senior year, I get to be an editor of my own section! Hooray! ) 10-12
Girls Varsity Tennis Team 11-12 (Don't plan on doing this in college btw. :O)
Ok clearly you can see I was more active this year, but I think it paid off.
This isn't a school extracurricular, but I have played the piano since I was 7. Totally love it. It's very very very very importante a mi.
I have over 120 hours of community service as well.</p>

<p>Hmmm that's all I can think of at the top of my head right now. I did visit Binghamton last summer and it was amaaaazing. I'm not huge on math and science, which I hear Bing is known for, but I do well enough to, let's say, not "rock the boat." I am undecided on all majors at el momento. I'm planning on exploring in college, which is what college is really about right? Anywho, what do you guys think? I have always thought I had a pretty decent chance but it's not set in stone.</p>

<p>I think you have a great chance of getting in. One factor they consider is how good your high school is. If your high school has a good track record of admission to Geneseo then I’d say you are a strong candidate. You have strong grades and coummunity/service/activities. Good luck!</p>

<p>Great Stats, well rounded, I think you are a strong candidate! Good luck!</p>

<p>Your SAT score is the only weak part of your resume. You are currently 140 pts. below the 2009-2010 freshman class average for CR + M. As it is you have a decent chance (probably over 65%). If you get your CR + M total up about 100 pts. you’d increase your chances greatly.</p>

<p>I just recieved my SAT scores the other day. Not outstanding if you ask me, but here they are:
600 CR, 620 Math, 640 Writing
What do you guys think?</p>

<p>The middle 50% (25-75) SATs for this year were 1290 - 1380. You’re not out of the game, but you’re under the 25th percentile by 60 points (superscored). You’ll just have to make the rest of your application shine.</p>

<p>No one should bash you for taking math 1, it’s harder to get an 800 on it than math 2 imo. I got an 800 on math 2, but I don’t think I would have for math 1 (math 2 is harder but gives a little leeway for a few silly mistakes).</p>

<p>According to the article below the stats for the class of 2014 are AVG GPA 95, SAT 1348. It didn’t mention the 50% tile ranges.</p>

<p>[Recession</a> drives more graduating seniors to attend community colleges, state universities | syracuse.com](<a href=“http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/recession_drives_more_graduati.html]Recession”>Recession drives more graduating seniors to attend community colleges, state universities - syracuse.com)</p>

<p>I think you should still go for it. The rest of your stats are great!</p>

<p>Just got my ACT score. 28! It’s in Geneseo’s range! Woo hoo!</p>

<p>Great!!! Good luck!!</p>