Chance me to engineering school and honors program

<p>Im gonna apply to engineering school. i live in california and am indian.</p>

<p>SAT : 2130, Verbal:640, Math:740, Writing: 750
SAT II: Math 2:780, Chem: 760
AP Scores: Chemistry-4, US History-4, Calc AB (I did not take the class and didnt study. I needed to take the test for some program, and I got a 3, but hopefully it wont weigh as much because I didnt take the class yet)</p>

<p>GPA/Grades.
My GPA is 3.75 so far unweighted. (should i apply regular decision because i can get my gpa up to 3.79)
I am still a junior
my school doesnt rank, but im around the 70th percentile.</p>

<p>9th grade:
English (9th Grade Lit (REGULAR)) - B/A
Math (Geometry) - A/A
Science (Biology) - A/A
Language Other Than English (Spanish I) - A/A
Band: A/A
PE: A/A</p>

<p>10th grade:
History (World History) - A/A
English (World Lit) - A/B
Math (Algebra 2/Trig) - B/B
Laboratory Science (Chemistry Honors) - A/A
Language Other Than English (Spanish II) - A/A
PE: A/A</p>

<p>11th grade:
History (AP US History) - B/C
English (American Literature Regular) - A/B
Math (Pre-Calculus Honors) - A/A
Laboratory Science (AP Chemistry) - A/A
Language Other Than English (Spanish III) - A/B
International Business A/A</p>

<p>Extra Curricular:
Team Manager (water boy) for JV soccer 9/10 grade
Team Manager (water boy) for Varsity soccer grade 11
Marketing Internship at Sgrouples
Co Produced a documentary with students in local film school
Treasurer at high school cinema club
500+ volunteer hours
Job shadowed financial analysts
Tutored lots of people (chem and math)
I know my EC's are weak. (they arent engineering related)</p>

<p>Your Math SAT score is high enough for Engineering. You don’t need more ECs (IMHO) for acceptance. I think you are on the right track but it would be a good idea to take Physics your senior year. Getting accepted into the Honors program is a different matter. It’s very hard for anyone to predict which, of the many, talented applicants will be accepted into Honors. I’ve seen students with stellar grades, SAT scores, and ECs think they are a shoo-in but fail to be accepted. On the other hand there are those with still stellar applications but lower stats get accepted. So, who really knows? I think the Honors decision will come down to students that show not only the high academic potential but also a willingness to do meaningful ECs. Focus on just one thing and take an important role. Quite frankly the Honors program is a LOT of extra work. If all of that EC work is not interesting then there’s no point in doing it. </p>