Chance me?

So I have already sent in my applications to two schools (Texas Tech and Texas A&M). I have already been accepted into TTU as an automatic admit, but A&M is and has been my dream school for a long time (planning on becoming a veterinarian). Seeing that I’ll be a review admit, I am going to have to wait a very long time (until March) for an answer regarding whether or not I’ve been accepted. I was just hoping to get a better idea of my chances of getting in so I can ease my mind a little.

Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.86
Class Rank: 99 out of a little over 500 (Top 25%)
SAT: 1640 (YIKES!)
ACT: 25
Essays: Pretty good, did both required and optional
Community Service: Over 70 hrs
Involvement in school: NHS, FFA

I have taken both AP and Dual Credit classes.

Awards:
-State qualifier in vet tech competition (FFA)
-State qualifier in Nursery and Landscape competition 2 years in a row (FFA)
-State qualifier for VASE (Visual Arts Scholastic Event)
-Breed Champion Black OPB Barrow (San Angelo Stock Show and Rodeo)

Involvement at A&M: Attended Veterinary Enrichment Camp over the summer

I am starting to accept the fact that I probably WON’T be accepted, at least not with full admission… I am hoping I am offered the Blinn TEAM or maybe even Gateway…

Please be honest!

Also keep in mind that I have already sent in my application, so I can’t really change anything about it.

If you could score a little higher that would help both for admission AND to get through classes. A better mastery of the foundations would serve you well in a medicine oriented major. Sign up for another testing session, the deadline for adding to your application is DEC 1st - you do have time to take another , they only take highest scores so you have nothing to lose. Try Khan Academy for free self studying or go to a review course or hire a tutor to brush up on your skills. You CAN add to an existing file with new test scores. You have great EC and the required top 25% for academic admission - put your best effort forward on another exam(or two) - Good luck! Even if you don’t get to the academic threshold, any increase in scores will be positively add to your file.

@AGmomx2 , Thank you so much for your advice! Although, it seems that I have missed the registration deadline for the last ACT test date before December 1st (I prefer ACT over SAT). The next registration deadline available is November 6th, but that test date is December 12th. I know A&M has a December 1st application deadline, but do you know if they will accept test scores after that? My boyfriend is planning on going to UT- I mean, tu, haha- and he says that they will accept his December 12th test scores even though they too have a December 1st application deadline. I have read that it depends on the university, and I can’t find a direct answer on A&M’s website.

I doubt it, but call and ask admissions. Here’s an option maybe? http://www.actstudent.org/regist/standbytest.html

Here’s one more option it seems, http://dars.tamu.edu/Testing/AP,-SAT,-ACT,-and-Other-Information-for-Incoming-F

Regarding taking a late test date, in the past the answer was it is not eligible since it is taken after the deadline. Exceptions were made for results being posted after Dec 1st, but not for testing. I’d look into the TAMU one, it gives you the most time to prepare - provided you are eligible. You’ll need to make your decision quickly.