Chance Me

I am a senior in high school and applied Early decision for Virginia Tech. My GPA is a 3.7 Weighted and I got a 1250 on the SAT. I have taken 7 APs throughout my high school career and am taking 4 right now. Both my parents went to Virginia Tech. What are my chances?

What’s up dude, honestly it really hard to know with your stats. You’re not the top of the class or anything, but you’re also not below average. Your sitting right in the middle which means it will really be a toss up. Good Luck Though, I am in the same place.

I’ve played many sports and clubs and have done many extra curricular as well. Do those play a role in the decision? Also hopefully my essays will help too!

Yea that def helps. Where you’re from plays a big role. Its a lot harder to get in if you live in Nova because there are a lot more applications from Nova

Yeah I’m from the Nova area ?? but i. trying to go to the liberal arts program which is not too popular

Check out the information Tech makes available here: https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx

You can search admissions statistics by School, Department and Major, etc. for the last few years. It will give you a much more accurate picture then the overall admissions statistics.