Chance my daughter for UCI, UCSB and UC Davis

Interested Major : Biz Economics @ UCI and Managerial Economics @Davis, Economics and Acct @ UCSB
Weighted and capped UC gpa : 3.82
ACT : 31
Lots of ECs
10 Years of piano
12 Year’s of indian classical music
8 Year’s of choir
Multiple concerts in jazz and classical
Performed outside the country also
Multiple leadership roles
2 summer business internships including one in Ivy League school
200+ hours of volunteering
Volunteering in old Age Homes

UC GPA below 4.0 makes these schools not a solid Match. Her ACT is on target. She has some very good EC’s and if she writes some equally good personal insight essays, they could bump up her chances.
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1
UCM: 96.1%

25th - 75th percentiles for ACT:
UCB: 30-34
UCLA: 30-34
UCSD: 29-34
UCSB: 28-33
UCD: 26-32
UCI: 26-32
UCSC: 26-31
UCR: 23-30
UCM: 20-27

Make sure she has some solid Match and Safety schools on her list. I suggest she add UC Riverside and a couple Cal States.

Thanks GumbyMom … How about UC Santa Cruz? Does she have a realistic chance there?

UC Santa Cruz looks like a solid Match school. I mentioned UC Riverside since they have an actual Business school.

Thanks a ton for your prompt response

Did anyone receive mail from UC stating" Congratulations!, you have been identified as a top student in your high school senior class, we invite you to apply " etc. etc. what does that mean?

@RedMan108 I received that as well… Kind of perceived it as them trying to encourage “top” students to apply to the UC’s. I do not think it had any actual significance.

@kkendall. Just wondering what % of school receives such letters? Any idea?

Is it your ELC letter?
If so, TOP 9%.

@RedMan108 I have no idea, I’m in the top 11%, maybe they did something like <15%.

@RedMan108 and @kkendall, I received an ELC letter from my school a few months ago, not as an email. I think that email might just want you to apply to the UC system.

More applications= More application fees. Plus more applications reduces acceptance rates

Of course they want you to apply. My son’s got similar letters during their application cycle.