Chance my son - freshman 2010

<p>Can my son get into u of a with a 2.7academic (no sports grades) gpa and 1100 (doesn’t include writing) on the sats? he would be eligible for the SALT program and it would be a good school for him. we live in socal.</p>

<p>I think he's got a shot</p>

<p>hmmm... Can he bring his grades up a tad? Then he might be good. His SAT is above what the minimum must be (I think 1040), so that's a plus.</p>

<p>I got in with a 2.8 and a 1050/1600 on the SAT and a 21 on the ACT. I will be a freshman there this coming fall. However, admissions are geting increasingly harder. Get the SAT up even more. I was also in AP and honors classes though with that 2.8</p>

<p>Admission is not based on Grades and Test Scores. In Fact, it is not a requirement to have ACT or SAT scores. The Admission Committee does a comprehensive review considering all factors such as grades, curriculum, extra curricular activities, talents, and personal statements. The more your son contributes to his application the better the committee has on learning who he is as a person (besides grades) and how he can contribute to campus life.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for all of the input. UAKat, this is very interesting, and I think it could help him get in. If you have any specifics, please send me a private message.</p>

<p>Elizabethh: I'm sure no one is allowed to give you a guaranteed, "Yes." The only way to find out is to apply and the deadline to have all documents in is approaching (May 1). Plus, housing is already 85% full. Get his application in!!</p>

<p>UAKat, for the Fall of '10, doesn't he have over a year to go? :P</p>

<p>Yes, its for fall 2010. I am planning ahead :)</p>