Chance of getting into any UC medical school?

I have gpa of 3.0 for freshman and sophomore i had 2 D in Spanish 1and world history honors in freshman year and 1 D in ap psychology in sophomore but I made it with re doing the class during summer school except ap psychology class which I can’t make up for but I got I really tried hard and got all A’s in junior year for first semester and second semester I am trying harder to get all A’s is their any chance that I could get into Any UC medical school? Please give feedback I really in worried thank yoy!

This is too soon for you to be worrying about medical school.

You need to first get into a university. Then, you need to perform well at the university. Then you need to take your MCATs and score well. Then you can worry about your med school apps.

UCs are really GPA focused. You still have a year to bring it up but, your AP and honors classes aren’t helping you. d encourage you to take classes where you know you will perform well. a 4.0 with no honors/ap classes beats a 3.2 with 10 of them,

You do realize that you first need to get an undergraduate degree before entering medical school, right?

As stated above, you need to get into a 4 year University for undergrad before applying to Medical School. Getting into any UC as an Undergrad will also not guarantee you a spot at any UC Medical school. You need to find a 4 year University where you will excel in academics (top grades), have access to Medically related EC’s/research/volunteering/shadowing and good Pre-Med advising. You will also need a High MCAT score to be competitive when applying for Medical school.

Right now, all you can do is learn from your mistakes and do your best at getting good grades from now on. Make sure you do SAT/ACT prep before testing and find some EC’s you enjoy doing for the next few years. If possible, get some exposure to the medical field by volunteering in a hospital/senior center etc… to make sure this is the path you want to take.

UC’s have their own GPA calculation which does not include Freshman grades for the a-g courses: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

You need to aim for a 4.0 or higher UC GPA by end of Junior year to have a decent chance at many of the UC’s.

Here are some stats on Freshman admits based on UC GPA:
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39

UCB/UCLA/UCSD: 1%
UCI/UCSB: 2%
UCD: 4%
UCSC: 18%
UCR: 38%
UCM: 67%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%
UCLA: 3%
UCSD: 6%
UCD: 15%
UCSB: 14%
UCI: 13%
UCSC: 59%
UCR: 78%
UCM: 92%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 14%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 44%
UCSB: 54%
UCD: 58%
UCI: 65%
UCSC: 85%
UCR: 94%
UCM: 96%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above:

UCB: 42%
UCLA: 54%
UCSD: 87%
UCSB: 85%
UCD: 91%
UCI: 94%
UCR/UCM: 98%

Best of luck and work hard.

Are you an instate resident for California? It’s WAYYY to early for you to ink about medical,school admissions…but if you are not a CA resident…your chances are much lower than for instate residents.

But first…you need a bachelors degree.

Med schools will not look at your HS records, what you do in college and your Mcat scores will make the difference. California med schools are the most competitive med schools in the US, you need do well in the college to be able to be admitted. There are no bad med schools in the US, most of the premed applicants apply for med schools in and outside of California to increase their chances.