Chancellor plan for undergrad tuition/improvements

<p>Madison</a> Initiative for Undergraduates: A Pledge to Quality, Value and Affordability</p>

<p>Well for OOS students that kind of sucks. From what it looks like though, even with the 3k more after four years, it should still be cheaper than most of the other Big Ten Schools. Oh well, everything is more expensive these days anyways...</p>

<p>Wisconsin is still an OOS bargain compared to Michigan. </p>

<pre><code>My question is: do the improvements in course availability and student services start immediately, or would I be paying steeper OOS tuition just to see the improvements kick in around senior year?
</code></pre>

<p>It's not clear in the info - is the supplement in addition to or instead of any annual tuition increases? I got the impression from previous news articles that the supplement was in addition to any increases in tuition.</p>

<p>"...charges would be **on top of* any statewide tuition increase, which is expected to be about 5 or 6 percent when approved this summer."*
news:</a> University of Wisconsin-Madison tuition hike proposed</p>

<p>I'm still not clear on what this means and how tuition hikes work at UW-Madison. Do students pay the same tuition in subsequent years as their first year at UW-Madison? Or does every student pay the increased tuition amount determined each August?</p>

<p>I emailed them with my negative opinion of the program. Wish they would just increase tuition instead of penalizing students for the number of years they attend, etc.</p>

<p>I think many of the enhancements can come pretty quickly. Extra faculty can be hired to teach more intro level sections as they are just on contracts and not all tenure track AKA adjuncts. Same for more aid to poor students which is over due. Overall spending more money on undergrads while keeping costs competitive seems like win win to me.</p>