Chances Anyone? Thanks!

<p>I'm a male from a good public high school in New York. I have a 4.27 Weighted GPA(F: 4.1, S: 4.28, J: 4.44). My school does not have Unweighted GPA's and also does not rank. I have taken all honors with accelerated history and chemistry. Senior year I plan on taking accelerated Humanities, honors calculus, 20th century physics, accelerated Spanish, AP government, and AP stats. I have an 1820 on the SAT (M: 650, CR: 540, W: 620). I have the whole summer to study so I plan on getting around a 1940. I participate in the Engineering Club, Speech and Debate, and Model Congress. I have played football for 3 years (I plan on playing golf next year) and baseball for 3 years. I have a landscaping business that has been successful (work for about 15 clients). I have volunteered at a camp for two summers (30 hours) tutored a younger student (30 hours) and participated in Relay for Life (30 hours). I have two good essays and two good recommendations. What do you think my chances would be for the University of Miami? (I don't know if this makes a difference, but I have visited the University of Miami and will probably apply EA) Thanks again!</p>

<p>Get SAT score up, and I’m sure you will get in</p>

<p>Okay thanks! Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated</p>

<p>Agree with the Bulldog. If you raise your SAT scores, especially the CR section to say in the low to mid 600’s then you’re pretty much a lock for acceptance. Scholarship levels are a whole different question and awards can range widely depending on lots of factors.</p>

<p>May I ask why you didn’t take the ACT? I know some HS GCs recommend against it, but my feeling has always been to take them both and to take them multiple times - submit the scores that work out to be the best. Some people have a better aptitude for one vs. the other. Challenging yourself in senior year is wise - take as many APs and honors classes as you can. You have great ECs and the visit to UM is icing on the cake - hopefully you used that visit to make a contact or two in either admissions or your intended [major] school. Agree that you should apply EA.</p>

<p>Okay thanks!</p>