Chances?

<p>I am currently a high school junior from New York.
SAT: 1920
ACT: 30
Weighted GPA:
Freshman: 4.12
Sophomore: 4.26
Junior: 4.44
My school does not give unweighted GPAs and does not rank.
I have taken accelerated history all three years, accelerated chemistry junior year, the rest of the classes were honors.
Senior Schedule includes AP Government, AP Statistics, and AP Chemistry.
I have two good recommendations.
Extracurriculars:
I have played baseball for three years (most likely four), football for three, and golf for one. I participate in the Spanish club, engineering club, speech and debate club, Model Congress club, the Investment Club, and started a science Olympiad team at my school. I tutor a middle schooler every week, have volunteered 60 hours at a children's camp, and participated in the Relay for Life (about 120 hours all together). I worked at a farm during the summer and sold produce in the city. I have my own landscaping "business" and have worked for about 20 different families in two years. I am also a member of the National Honors Society.
Earlier in the year I visited the University of Miami (if that helps) and plan on applying early decision.</p>

<p>I’ve seen several applicants get in with similar statistics (including myself), so I definitely think you stand a chance. Apply ED helps, visiting does not help (only for your own benefit).</p>

<p>Also, I’d keep in contact with an admissions officer just to express further interest. Goodluck!</p>

<p>Okay thanks. Any other opinions?</p>

<p>To the OP: please oh please check the common data set for ED. Lower admission rate than EA…</p>

<p>

If rodney is correct, this statement is wrong – on both counts: according to UM’s Common Data Set, “applicant interest” is “considered” in admissions decisions. For many colleges, it is “not considered.” </p>

<p>When you tour UM, you don’t just walk in and tour with a group – they record who all does the campus visits (when you sign in on the iPads). I think this is a factor in gauging the student’s “interest” which is in turn factored in admissions decisions to some degree.</p>

<p>^^ ah so that’s what the whole iPad thing was about. I apologize I didn’t mean to give out incorrect information.</p>