Chances at Geneseo, High sat low gpa

<p>I'm applying to Geneseo this year and was wondering what my chances are as an instate student. My gpa is pretty low compared to the rest of the applicant pool (3.2-3.3), my Sat's are pretty high though with a 2150. My act is also a 30 and my school rigor includes 6 AP's and a couple of honors. AP chem, bio, physics, Euro, US and Gov. I have the usual extracurriculars, (Varsity soccer and tennis, science Olympiad, yada yada. Both my brothers also attended Geneseo and I am a white male. So should i go early decision or stick it out in the regular applicant pool?</p>

<p>Your numbers are really similar to mine. I was accepted regular decision</p>

<p>You’ll get in as long as you write good essays. They want the high SAT scorers.</p>

<p>Stress off my back, now to worry about the AP exams</p>

<p>Thanx</p>

<p>i got in with a 2.6 gpa and a 2190 / 33act regular decision</p>

<p>easysats, how many years ago was that?
I had a 3.5 GPA and 2230 on my SATs with a total of 10 APs by the end of senior year and got waitlisted…but then later accepted! I know admissions said that they find it disconcerting when someone has higher SAT scores and a lower GPA as it’s a sign that someone isn’t hard working. I kind of resented that idea because I’d like to think it didnt apply to me, but I can understand where such a notion would come from. Try to personalize your admissions process - geneseo is a small enough school so that if you have a good essay, call, visit and make your commitment known they’ll be open to taking you even if you don’t fit their typical profile. best of luck!</p>

<p>Do they really look at the writing grade heavily? My son had a 1350 M and CR but only a 540 in W because he has a diagnosed writing disability. His ACT score had similar problems - 30 composite with a 34 science, 31 math, but only 23 in writing. If they discount the W section, he would have a better shot.</p>

<p>He has a 3.23 GPA (doesn’t believe in HW) with honors and AP classes in all areas but English and foreign lang.</p>

<p>The only problem we have is that my H is opposed to Geneseo because it’s on the other side of the state from our D’s school.</p>

<p>Joan52 - I’m about 95% positive that Geneseo doesn’t even look at writing scores.</p>