Chances at Geneseo? Out of State

<p>Hi. I applied to Geneseo for the fall of 2006. I'm an out of state applicant (I am from North Dakota), and to be honest, I had no idea how competitive Geneseo is until after I'd applied. Additionally, does anyone know anything about financial aid for out-of-state applicants?</p>

<p>My stats are as follows:
GPA: ~3.600
SAT: 800 V, 740 W, 590 M
APs: European History (4), Biology (4), Chemistry (withheld), Government (4), English Language (5)</p>

<p>Senior Year Classes:
AP English Literature (predicted 5), AP Psychology (predicted 5), AP US History (predicted 4), AP Economics (predicted 4), Precalculus, French IV, Latin IV</p>

<p>ECs:
L-D debate (9-12)
student congress (10-12)
philosophy club (10-12)
Youth Medical Experience (11-12)
National Honor Society (11-12)
classical Greek (9-10)
JCL (9-12)</p>

<p>Summer:
Phillips Academy Summer Session (post-11)
MN Institute for Talented Youth (post-10)
performing arts school (post-9)</p>

<p>Awards/Honors:
National Merit Semifinalist
AP Scholar with Distinction or whatever, I don't remember
sundry Latin/French awards
National Forensic League Degree of Special Distinction
National Council of Teachers of English Achievement Award in Writing</p>

<p>Points of Interest:
I am a first-generation college attendee from a single-parent family in North Dakota. My EFC is $0. I'm 25% Korean, 75% unknown (both of my parents were adopted). In my Latin class this year, we've translated an essay by Cicero which will be submitted for publication before the end of the school year. I wrote an essay about learning Mandarin Chinese, and tied it into learning how to be self-sufficient while away at school this summer.</p>

<p>I also applied to the University of Rochester (my first choice), SUNY-Binghamton, Wellesley, and the University of Minnesota.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>If you were in NY state that's a definite acceptance. But I don't know about outer states. New York state schools accept in-state students before out-state students. People with lower scores in-state could get in, and you couldn't. </p>

<p>I'd still say you're a definite acceptance to Geneseo... but you never know. </p>

<p>Impressive scores btw. I'm Korean too!</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I'm out of state too, my scores are about the same as yours, and I got in. Besides, you do hella interesting stuff.</p>

<p>Rumplestiltskin, you picked the perfect screen name. How long have you been asleep? You are answering posts that are almost 1 1/2 yrs old.</p>

<p>Rumplestiltskin does not sleep. Nor does he read message post dates.</p>