Chances at UMiami?

<p>I'm applying EA to UMiami...just wanted to know my chances. I currently go to an international school in Paris, France. It's a pretty hard school, but it's good at getting kids into the top schools. Even though I'm an American, the international admissions guy for UMiami said I'm considered an international applicant. Wohooo! Oh, I'm applying as an International Relations major.</p>

<p>Anyway, here are my stats:</p>

<p>Senior Year: I will be submitting these grades.</p>

<p>(First Quarter)</p>

<p>IB HL History: A-
IB HL Visual Arts: A-
IB HL French 6: B
AP Lit: B+
AP Calc: B
Physics: A-</p>

<p>GPA: 4.15 W</p>

<p>Junior Year: Baddddd.....I know. Atleast First Semester.</p>

<p>(First Semester)</p>

<p>IB SL History: A-
IB SL English: B+
IB SL Bio: C+
IB SL Visual Arts: B+
IB SL French 5: C
IB SL Math: C+</p>

<p>GPA: 3.2 W</p>

<p>(Second Semester)</p>

<p>IB SL History: B+
IB SL English: A-
IB SL Visual Arts: A-
AP French 5: B+
Pre-Calc: B
Physics: B+</p>

<p>GPA: 3.7 W</p>

<p>Sophomore Year:</p>

<p>First Semester GPA: 3.2 UW
Second Semester GPA: 3.3 UW</p>

<p>Freshman Year:</p>

<p>First Semester GPA: 3.3 UW
Second Semester GPA: 3.3 UW</p>

<p>Yeah, I know. Our school changed it's GPA system after my Sophomore Year.</p>

<p>ECs: Just the important ones.</p>

<p>Model UN: 10, 11, 12 (Delegate, Chair, Deputy Secretary General, Secretary General)
NHS: 11, 12
Varsity Cheerleading: 10, 11 (Captain, Most Improved Player Award)
Romania Club: 11, 12
Junior Varsity Volleyball: 9, 10</p>

<p>Randoms:</p>

<p>IB Visual Arts Award 2007
I exhibited my artwork at the US Embassy Art Show. My artwork is political.
Interned at the US Embassy: Summer 2007
Georgetown International Relations Program: Summer 2007
College Level French Course at the American University of Paris: Summer 2006
French Immerision Program: Summer 2005</p>

<p>Oh and finally, SAT & ACT:</p>

<p>ACT: 28
SAT: 1830 (600 CR/610 Math/620 Writing)</p>

<p>Thats pretty much it. Please chance me!</p>

<p>bump....anyone there?</p>

<p>I just got my acceptance to the University of Miami, I think you have a pretty good chance of transferring.</p>

<p>George Mason Univ. GPA: 3.3 (27 credits)</p>

<p>HS GPA: 3.3
SAT: math 650, critical reading 500-ish</p>

<p>They seam like they stress math and I got a 98 in Business Calculus, so maybe that helped me out? not sure, still think you will get in, good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks for the encouragement alexomid! Oh and congrats on your recent acceptance! =]</p>

<p>Yeah, I really hope I get in. I just want the security of getting in somewhere that I like. Anyway, does anyone else have an opinion on this? Thx in advance.</p>

<p>I wouldn't call it safe b/c of your grades, but I do this it is a good fit...the only thing I'd be afraid of is how they respond to Cs as averages...</p>

<p>hey everyone! thanks for everyone who has replied....anyway, i'm giving everyone else who wants to go to UMiami some hope!</p>

<p>i got offered admission as well as the Trustee Scholarship....so yay! i guess my stats are good for my school....because i was really surprised. just letting everyone know.....there's still hope!</p>

<p>i meant that i guess my stats are good of my high school, because i know that looking at it here it doesn't seem very high at all....without context. especially not for CC standards...!</p>

<p>Could someone see how I fare?</p>

<p>SAT's W-630, V-620, Math-620
Student Body President of a 3000 student school
Student Gov officer all four years
Pre-IB and AP's all years, overall GPA 4.0
Excellent rec's (even from the Principle)
Run the Red Cross Blood Drive at the school
Other volunteer work weekly
Help run The Taylor Fund (<a href="http://www.TheTaylorFund.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.TheTaylorFund.com&lt;/a&gt;) which was set up two years ago when my 17 year old only sibling, and brother drowned two days before we moved cross the country. (We ended up moving back to my original state after 6 months in the other state.)
Great essay
Anyone want to guess my chances?</p>

<p>az: For some reason this year, UM seems to be hot on 1300 SAT's..If you scan the other threads of people who were accepted, for the most part, that seemed to be a general cut-off....Otherwise, you look good.....</p>