Chances at UT Austin as a hispanic

<p>I am a junior in hs here are my stats</p>

<p>Female
4.8 GPA( i brought it up from a 3.5 gpa)
Have not taken sat/act
AP: Statistics, Spanish, English, US History(ap tests to be taken)
URM: Hispanic(native spanish speaker)
Income Bracket: 60k
State of residence: TX
Legal Status: US Citizen
EC's: national honor society, Spanish national honor society, french national honor society(WEAK!)
Volunteering: around 100 hours contributing to various communal things, nothing really specific
Work experience: dollar tree and target as a cashier
Hobbies: Working out, it's my favorite thing to do and gets me motivated to do school work</p>

<p>Schedule this year:</p>

<p>AP english
AP spanish
APUSH
AP statistics
pre ap pre calc
pre ap physics
chinese
Pre ap french 3</p>

<p>I doubled up on math and foreign language subjects my sophomore year and this year. And i had an upward trend in my grades as i started with a 3.5 freshman year. But i really want to get into ut austin because if its good foreign language program. I probably want to double major in russian(or chinese) and economics and minor in french. Also what are my chances at these schools:</p>

<p>University of washington
University of wisconsin-madison
Baylor
Hofstra
Northeastern university </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Sorry, I don’t do Chances, but I have a couple of comments about your school list.</p>

<p>As an OOS student for UDub and UWisc-M, you should expect high OOS tuition and relatively little FA other than loans. Unless UDub has changed, they only offer one very small merit scholarship to OOS students and it is just for the first couple of years. UWisc has the Chancellor’s and Powers-Knapp merit scholarships, but they are very competitive.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Do you mean pre AP Calc, as there is no AP PreCalc?</p>

<p>Pre ap pre calc is like an honors class there is no “official” AP for it</p>

<p>Are you top 7% If so, you’re in at UT.</p>

<p>You’ll get in at Baylor no problem. And at UT Austin, the most important thing is to be in the top 7% of the class at your school. If you are not in the top 7%, then you still have a good chance of acceptance after the school’s holistic review of your application.</p>

<p>I don’t really think that being hispanic has much impact on an application for UT Austin.</p>