Chances for admit to college of Agriculture, Food & Environmental Sciences

GPA (calculated by CSU apply): 3.94
Actual GPA: 4.2 W/3.8 UW (plus a significant improvement between 10th grade and 11th grade)
They’re test blind so they don’t see my SAT
I think I put 1-5 hours for work/week and 12-16 hours for extracurriculars

So, how important is my hours of extracurriculars for admission? And are admissions at all subjective? (or just GPA?) I know my CSU GPA is on the “low” of the GPA for admits (3.94-4.25) for my college. But does it increase my chances at all that my grades improved a lot, I took WAY more than 8 semesters of AP’s, and I am highly involved in extracurriculars?

And also a small side question - I know they do sort of a rolling admissions thing where they admit people early and reject people close to April 1st. Is this true and would I expect a rejection/acceptance sometime before April 1st? Come mid march, I’m not sure I should wait until April 1st since at that point it would be pretty likely I’d be rejected (I’d want to start housing applications for a different school at that point).

Cal Poly SLO uses a different GPA calculation 9-11th a-g course grades with the 8 semester Honors point cap for approved Honors/AP/IB/DE courses taken 10th-11th.

SLO considers your HS course rigor including Senior classes.

Here is SLO’s application review criteria and Work/EC hours are considered.

SLO admits by major so much will depend upon the major you applied in the College of Agriculture, Food and Env Science.

Here is the decision timeline from last year 2022:
Cal Poly SLO admit wave started on March 10, 2022 with a mixture of OOS and In-state applicants. Waitlist decisions posted March 18, 2022 along with a few acceptances. Admits for students requiring a portfolio review trickled out on March 24, 2022. Denials were posted on March 30, 2022.

If you need to submit a housing deposit for another school, I would go ahead since many housing deposits are refundable if notified early.