Chances for scholarship

<p>I have read the different levels of scholarships and see that I qualify for the highest one. Could someone please tell me if it's likely to get one, applying regular decision, with these stats:</p>

<p>GPA - 3.87 (4.0 scale)
WGPA - 4.55 (5.0 scale)</p>

<p>ACT - 35 (I got an 8 on the writing though)</p>

<p>SAT subject tests
Math 2 - 800
Physics - Just took and awaiting score.</p>

<p>APs - US Government - 4, World History - 4, Psychology - 5</p>

<p>EC -
Varsity wrestling (Captain) for first three years
JV Lacrosse freshman year
Varsity Lacrosse sophomore year
260 Hours Community Service
Junior Officer of the National Honor Society junior year, will be President for senior year
Worked as a lifeguard over the 2007 and 2008 summers
During the 2008 summer I was the captain of a community service project that assembles 3000 backpacks for underprivileged students.</p>

<p>Awards -
Certificate of Meritorious Service - 260 hours of community service
AP Scholar
Maryland Distinguished Scholar Honorable Mention</p>

<p>Course load for senior year:</p>

<p>AP Calculus AB
AP Environmental Science
AP Computer Programming 3 (AP Computer Science AB)
AP Comparative Government & Politics
AP Studio Art 2-D Design (Photography)
Honors English 12
Advanced Weight Lifting(Need one gym credit to graduate and still haven't taken gym)</p>

<p>I have A's in all of these courses and I'm just finishing finals. Should finish with all A's or maybe one B. That should boost my weighted to 4.65 or so and unweighted to almost 3.9.</p>

<p>Pretty good, I think you would get at least 16k, probably more, but I'm not really sure. More people know more than I do, but you might have a shot at Singer.</p>

<p>Pretty decent chance at some $$.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. I got 730 on the Physics SAT Subject test, am the captain of Wrestling, and the President of the NHS. Copied and pasted from an old thread. Just clearing things up! =P</p>

<p>Here are the levels of the scholarships too. Thanks for any future input. Any is appreciated!</p>

<p>Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship</p>

<p>Full Tuition
$34,000 annually
$136,000 total for four years</p>

<p>University Scholarship</p>

<p>$24,000 annually
$96,000 total for four years</p>

<p>Dean's Scholarship</p>

<p>$16,000 annually
$64,000 total for four years</p>

<p>Trustee Scholarship</p>

<p>$11,000 annually
$44,000 total for four years</p>

<p>Collegiate Scholarship</p>

<p>$8,000 annually
$32,000 total for four years</p>

<p>Well, EA I think you would have a better shot at a full tuition...RD, I don't know</p>

<p>Although I went to UMiami about 30 years ago, there was a full scholarship offered at that time. There were a limited number, though, and even though I met the requirements, those with higher stats than mine got one, because of the limit. I was able to get the half tuition scholarship, which basically paid a third of my fees, with dorms being the same as half of the tuition back then. </p>

<p>My nephew was offered the two thirds scholarship not long ago, and he was in the top 10 percent, maybe even 5, of his high school class, and a national merit scholar. Unfortunately, his parents couldn't afford the difference, so he could not attend. </p>

<p>I will say this, though. It was a wonderful university when I went there, and I recently met a doctor who attended there 20 years before me. We reminisced about common professors we had and the beauty of the campus and the excellence of the academics. </p>

<p>I wish you much luck and hope you have the opportunity to attend there.</p>

<p>Thanks for the alumni perspective! I am seriously considering it...</p>

<p>Stupid SCEA. Only to get rejected too. I would have done early at a few places otherwise... hindsight...</p>

<p>SCEA? ...Is Miami's SC????</p>

<p>No! Sorry about that... I meant that I had applied SCEA elsewhere so I could no longer apply early to anywhere at all. I applied to Stanford. Flat out rejected =)</p>

<p>Does that mean early action? </p>

<p>You can apply early action to multiple schools, it is non binding...</p>

<p>Single Choice Early Action. Restricted but non-binding.</p>

<p>oh phew, i applied to a few schools EA, just wanted to make sure.</p>

<p>They can't stop you from applying to other schools if it is non-binding...</p>

<p>Yes they can. It's called Single Choice Early Action. Look it up.</p>

<p>Poisondart! I know you from the UPitt forum! Let me guess, you like mid to large universities in major cities, too? hah :)</p>

<p>Haha yep! You can also find me in the UCLA forum... I aim for medium to large in city atmosphere unless it's an ivy caliber school. Then I can settle for smaller. Only ivies I applied to were Columbia, Penn, and Cornell (Go figure.) You pick the odd one out... haha</p>

<p>Well, for SCEA they cant really find out can they. especially if the other schools you applied to are not SCEA also. I would have gone ahead and applied EA even if i had applied somewhere SCEA. screw their protocol, they dont care about us so why should we care about them. College admissions is not personal</p>